03 Suburban speaker configuration input

Participant count
  • Participant list

TXST8tj
10+ year member

in the not to distant future, i plan to start working on the stereo in my 03 suburban. i have the Blose setup which will all be replaced...the headunit, speakers, sub, amp, etc.

the front of course has the 'component set'. the back doors have 6.5s, and there are the tweeters in the far back rear pillars.

i will be setting up a new component set for the front. i'm not going to go crazy with kick panels or anything, so the woofer end will go in the factory location in the door, and the tweeter will either go in the stock location on the pillars, or will go in the triangle space at the top of the door.

my outreach for input has to do with the rear. should i run a pair of coaxials in the rear doors and forget about the tweeters in the rear pillars, or should i run a component set - woofers in the doors and tweeters back in the rear pillars? essentially, this would have me running two component sets and no coaxial speaker sets. either way, they will be powered by a 4-channel amp.

i'm just not sure if the middle seat is going to miss out on sound effect with the tweeters a bit farther back, or if it would actually be good with them point right at those passengers.

I run a set of hertz mlk165's in both sets of doors and don't worry about the far rear speakers. I think that they are like 2.5 or 3 inchers or something. I dont think you can go wrong with comps up front and coax's in the rear.

sounds good. it'll save a few bucks too.

comps up front and coaxial in the rear is how i've done it before in other vehicles, but since there was a factory location for them, i started wondering if i should change it up a bit.

if it's not going to help or be worse, i'll skip the idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.