03 kia spectra blowing fuse no radio or dome lights or buzzer

Participant count
  • Participant list

jgi420b

ne
I have a buddy with a kia spectra car sat for alil bit and all the sudden had no radio or dome lights and dident buzz when I open the door now the only thing that was done was an amp and a sub was wired up to the factory radio and the line in was ran from the speaker wires to the amp

the battery and alternator have been replaced a fuse under the hood blew after I tried to replace it any ideas

I have a buddy with a kia spectra car sat for alil bit and all the sudden had no radio or dome lights and dident buzz when I open the door now the only thing that was done was an amp and a sub was wired up to the factory radio and the line in was ran from the speaker wires to the amp
the battery and alternator have been replaced a fuse under the hood blew after I tried to replace it any ideas
How was the amp hooked up to the factory hu? Did you use a loc or high level input? Where is the remote turn on being fed from?

clearly says the line in comes from the rear speaker wires but its all ripped out what I had was a line in box so I had the rear back deck speaker wires going to the line in box witch turns to rca then goes into the amp.

and there is no remote the amp has to be on at all times we would just pull the master fuse out however some dumb *** tried to hook up a jumper wire to the fuse box under the dash so it would somehow turn off so now it is hooked up different.

I don't know what the other dummy did all I know is he thinks he was fixing the system when it was fine just unplugging the fuse.

So the amp and power wire and subs have been ripped out. only thing left could be the stuff up front the other guy touched I think he just added some kind of jumper wire

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing I have heard about is some wire coming from under the hood near the starter with a fuse link of some sort on it maybe that is blown??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.