Is there really a benefit to twisting your speaker wire ?

Its just to give it a cleaner look, most wrap the speaker wires with the remote wire and run it on the opposite side from the power cable since with power running if they are close you will/can get engine noise.

Ah. That makes sense. But with all that twisting wouldn't that shorten your wires by a little bit?
Nothing too significant, if you're stretching for that little of gain you might just need more wire.

easier to run through the vehicle, stronger than unwound too, if your tuggin or pulling... cleaner looking setup... and easier to seperate neg. and positive...

It's for the looks. I don't know what kind of wire would be easier to pull through a vehicle if it's made bulkier. You guys need better speaker wire or to stop running garden hoses.

As for noise picked up from running speaker wires next to power wires, that's hogwash. It's a good practice to separate your power, RCAs, and speaker wires to keep everything neatly organized and minimize noise, but really none of that absolutely must be done.

Whatever you do dont buy the wires that are twisted and then have a clear rubber sheathing over it. Knukonceptz sent me the wrong wire and its the type i described. Its absolute ******** to try to pull through your vehicle because the outer sheathing is almost sticky and gets caught up on everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.