03 expedition aftermarket amp and subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Harrymane

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey, any one had trouble having their AM amp working on a 03 expedition Eddie Bauer? I discovered that this vehicle comes with its own subs and I would need to by pass it. Anyone can lead me to the right direction? I've tried a harness but all it did was turn the factory subs on. Which I don't want. I also tried a Line Output Converter. But no luck. Please help. And thank you.

It appears you want to add your own subs and amp and you want to totally bypass the factory subs.

One method is to physically disconnect the factory subs from the factory amp, then use your LOC on the factory sub amp output.  With this option you'll want the factory subs to be on, then when you disconnect them (unplug them and insulate any unused connectors) you will have a signal to the LOC. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.