RetroSound Radio 1966 Mustang not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

pmob20

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have Two (2) Retro radios one that I was informed had a bad micro processor and a new one I just purchased .. Both when wired in, turn on, but only show AM and the time, which keeps proper time. Neither radio will turn to Am or FM and there’s no sound coming from the speakers. Just not working . Any idea on what I need to do so it works ?? This is very frustrating to say the least .. 

I have Two (2) Retro radios one that I was informed had a bad micro processor and a new one I just purchased .. Both when wired in, turn on, but only show AM and the time, which keeps proper time. Neither radio will turn to Am or FM and there’s no sound coming from the speakers. Just not working . Any idea on what I need to do so it works ?? This is very frustrating to say the least .. 
Very disappointing, agreed.  There shouldn't be much that would prevent changing to FM or prevent tuning except for a possible control wire that would be shorting out.  What exact model of retrosound do you have?  the manual will include a list of wiring connections and that may give a clue. 

Regardless, verify that every unused wire is properly insulated, separately, with a nylon cap or electrical tape.  You shouldn't have any bare wire ends or cut wires taped together without separate insulation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pmob20

CarAudio.com Newbie
pmob20
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
keep_hope_alive