03 Escalade Build Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

billabongcr
5,000+ posts

Yep
Florida
Alright guys; I got my escalade about a month ago now. My Fi SSDs and my zx1500.1 have been staring at me from the living room like...wtf bro. Subs and amp now with the stock bose system until I recoop some funds and hopefully find 2 more sets of RE 6.5s for all 4 doors with 2 tweets up front.

Questions: what do I have to be aware of with cutting into this Bose system? I've heard people talking complications with interfacing with the stock system. I plan on finding one of the stock flat GPS units to replace my stock unit with the cassette deck (kick it old school) so I retain all my steering wheel controls...etc. I know the disadvantages of this, but I'm not out to be the loudest kid on the block anymore.

What am I looking at here. Installing myself which is not my worry. My only worry is this has ALOT more electronics on it than my old dakota did. I don't need to be blowing airbags and frying electronics. Even doing my window tint and wrenching under the hood had me stressing out.

Thanks in advance.

I have an 05 escalade, I would just recommend getting the harrness( fit bluetooth/bose and new deck and my sterring wheel controls dont work anymore, theres alot of electrionics to the truck. I dont think they have a kit to keep the stock deck all im saying with this truck is think before you do, I had such a pain with the deck and the wiring it wasnt even funny it took me and bout 3 other guys for 3 hours to get the door speakers to work with the harrness and deck.

yeah thats why im trying to figure out the best route here. what harness are you talking about exactly? this is the first of my research to plan out my build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.