03 Audi A4 build log - Custom Stereo

tuner culture

I am starting a build log for my new stereo build. I created my first custom stereo install last year (pictured below) and now i just ripped it out and starting all over again. This is a hobby for me and do this during my spare time. I hope by posting this, it will help generate ideas, questions and answers as i embark on a new adventure.

Here is a list of hardware i am currently using.

I.C.E

Alpine W205

Alpine PXA-H701 Multimedia Manager

Alpine 1.1000

Alpine 4.150

Jl Audio 12w6v2

Jl Audio ZR650-CSi

1 Farad Stinger Cap

Stinger accesories

Dynamat Extreme

Apple Itouch

2908_193574330331_733185331_6657631_3843902_n.jpg

2908_193574205331_733185331_6657611_3936220_n.jpg

if anyone has any ideas, please pass along as i start the first phase: DESIGN

Thanks for the comments!

How does the cap hinder the system, i thought it was suppose to help?

Battery is in the front, but was thinking of adding a second battery, and recomendations?

What are your thoughts about firing the subs from each side, basically where the amps are in the picture above. I have a design in mind but was wondering your thoughts, does it cancel the bass bad and what would i be losing if compared to firing the into the back of the trunk. Im looking for good bass but also good design layout

perhaps thinking of using some motorization on the amp rack, does anyone now of good motors or hardware?

I would like to create a motorization that pivits the amp rack 90 deg like a door, can this be done using a linear actuator or a special motor set up?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.