01 Jeep Grand Cherokee +2 Memphis Mojo 15's 11K watts +3 Yellow Top Batteries= Blast!

AKDropem
10+ year member

So here is my winter Build. I have two Memphis Mojo 3 lug 15's. I am building this to pound around town and beat up on my friends at shows with 2 differand ports. The box is 13cuft and tuned at 32 and 60hz(with the other port). The vehicle is a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Liter. Due to the off road guys and them using welders and on board air I have great support for this. I have a kilby Enterprises York 210 compressor bracket and weling kit brackets. I used the york bracket to keep 200 psi all day for the bags, and the welding bracket for a 1 pole chevy 200 amp alternater for the system. all this on one big *** belt!! The head unit is an Eclipse AVN7000(not very pleased with but when I bought it, it was supposed to be the best on the market.) Well on the plus side I did buy the DCU105 so this is what I use for sound processing(Big Differance!!) Mids and highs are currently pioneer premeer 3way 6x9's in the front dooers and 6.5 in the back and 1 inch Eclipse tweeters in the dash. So far the system sound great still have some cosmetic work in the back(Ostrich with flame pattern). I plan on using my sons 36" LCD for the Wii on the back of the wall for a show factor but hopefully it doesnt rattle the **** out of it. I have my seats off getting done in black Ostrich and grey leather so I will post them when they are done but just wanted to see what you thought of the build so far. So for everyone not even thinking of Alaska being on the map here you go. Thanks for your time.

What are you powering all your door speakers with? I'm about to upgrade my stock but nothing crazy at all, I just want to replace all the oem stuff. And did you use the stock tweeter location in the dash for yours?

Memphis MCA5004, and on the tweeters yeah I used the stock location. The stock tweeters went out about a week after I picked up the Jeep from the Dealer after I ordered it and they were replace then. Use the baskets of the 3" rip all of the cone out and mount your tweets to that! Little secret for other Jeep and Chrysler owners.

I have 2 power Acoustik 5500 amps. I know everyone on here is gonna hate me for it. I have them at 15.5 volts amp 3 batteries. So far I have no complaints!

Well I knew the last post would get some people hating but, I had 2 Memphis 4KW's changed nothing but the amps and it sounds louder. Once I have it metered this summer I'll let you know! I know the PA's and over rated but they get the job done I promise! Show me another amp for $200 that puts a solid 2000 watts! Ohh and that is brand new price retail, in Alaska! Where everything here is over rated!

Well I knew the last post would get some people hating but, I had 2 Memphis 4KW's changed nothing but the amps and it sounds louder. Once I have it metered this summer I'll let you know! I know the PA's and over rated but they get the job done I promise! Show me another amp for $200 that puts a solid 2000 watts! Ohh and that is brand new price retail, in Alaska! Where everything here is over rated!
Long as you're satisfied, it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't claim 11K though, just sayin'.....................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.