'00 'stang Alpine Installation

xterrax

young money
Installed the amp and the subs and head unit fine. before putting everything in place, decided to try it out in case we had any problems. the subs and amp work fine. problem is, theres no TREBLE! actually, theres no sound at all coming from front stage. also, the back of the head unit is getting real hot. my friend just bought it from a guy he found on craigslist. i would just think the problem is with the head unit, but i hooked another one up, and there was no treble with it either. I need help! any is appreciated!

x2 on the ground...thats why the hu its getting hot.....and about the treable?..i dont know...i have nothing on my mind right now...maybe checking rca's...

where would it been grounded? i've got a ground on the wiring harness, spliced it to the ground on the factory stereo. if that were the problem, though, would the stereo still be coming on? it comes on and the subs work fine. just nothing else.

and i hooked another hu up in place of the new one and it was fine. didnt even change temp. i had the new one hooked up for about 2 minutes and could hardly touch it afterwards

might wanna check wires that are going to your speakers..(i mean all your speakers)...that might be your problem..(maybe wires too small(thin),too old..)

EDIT: keep us updated

the speakers were working fine when i took out the factory stereo. idk why they would have stopped working in the process with no prior warning. 2000 mustang. thats all i know about it.

the speakers were working fine when i took out the factory stereo. idk why they would have stopped working in the process with no prior warning. 2000 mustang. thats all i know about it.
re check everything again bro..maybe you missed to wire something

well there was one problem. theres 2 big connectors(not sure what theyre called), but theres 2 that came with the wiring harness i bought. the long rectangle with about 6 long prongs connected fine, however, a square connector with 8 acceptors didnt connect well. this was the part of the harness thats got the speakers plugged into it. im not sure whether its the wrong size or what, but it just wont click. it feels like its getting too tight to click. not sure but i think thats my problem. and thanks again for the negative connection help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.