0.75 ft^3 box tuned to 35hz with 10"^2 of port

You want some flexibility on your walls so your sub has more room to move that air. I try and make my boxes so the two side walls expand about 0.15mm, which gives me about an extra 1.25mm flexibility in my sub foam. This gives me better sounding thumps and after-tones, but slightly less return-response (not noticeable)

When it's ported, your sub may not be moving the "box air" properly. I suggest you try a different type of port. Instead of just a hole or a tube that protrudes inside the box, try a bi-force port. It is basically 2 @ .5" ported holes with J-shaped tubes stemming out from them. The two port ends are connected to a T joint with one port hole as a result. The two air ports force each other to expel only a certain amount of air out of the resulting port, and you can adjust this. This allows for a tighter bass and more response. This method may sound ridiculous, but it is the same method used to make motorcycle racing exhaust pipes. Mechanics use back pressure and stroke pressure to make the highest-performing pipes (sound included).

You want some flexibility on your walls so your sub has more room to move that air. I try and make my boxes so the two side walls expand about 0.15mm, which gives me about an extra 1.25mm flexibility in my sub foam. This gives me better sounding thumps and after-tones, but slightly less return-response (not noticeable)
When it's ported, your sub may not be moving the "box air" properly. I suggest you try a different type of port. Instead of just a hole or a tube that protrudes inside the box, try a bi-force port. It is basically 2 @ .5" ported holes with J-shaped tubes stemming out from them. The two port ends are connected to a T joint with one port hole as a result. The two air ports force each other to expel only a certain amount of air out of the resulting port, and you can adjust this. This allows for a tighter bass and more response. This method may sound ridiculous, but it is the same method used to make motorcycle racing exhaust pipes. Mechanics use back pressure and stroke pressure to make the highest-performing pipes (sound included).
are you saying that the walls of the enclosure should flex? if so, you are a complete idiot.

I got the link from a friend that wasn't from car audio at all.It took me to a review page.The woofer is MAXP84 that I was told on here that is was ok for low power.I got it for my brother who wanted a sub but now is vehicle shopping.I have enough mdf to build a .75 box,so why not test it out.The only thing I wanted to know about was port size.I have no idea what a 10"^2 port is.Can somebody maybe help me out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.