PPi 356cs first impression

This forum is basically useless for detailed reviews on anything. Everyone raves about how the next forum boner comps can handle 300 rms a side, and then 3 months later everyone is *****ing because they blew a tweeter, their crossover melted or something else.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

sounds about right.

This forum is basically useless for detailed reviews on anything. Everyone raves about how the next forum boner comps can handle 300 rms a side, and then 3 months later everyone is *****ing because they blew a tweeter, their crossover melted or something else.
Sounds like RSD talk to me. I don't mean to sound rude, but I hope everyone thinks just like you so I can get some more money together to buy 2 more sets just for a rainy day.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I think the reviews on here are detailed enough. You can probably get a more detailed review on the DIY forum, but I get lost sometimes reading all that technical crap.

Sounds like RSD talk to me. I don't mean to sound rude, but I hope everyone thinks just like you so I can get some more money together to buy 2 more sets just for a rainy day.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I think the reviews on here are detailed enough. You can probably get a more detailed review on the DIY forum, but I get lost sometimes reading all that technical crap.
Well, I've had mine for a few weeks, so you're going to need a time machine.

You will probably need those two extra sets when it gets real technical and **** starts sparking, and blowing.

Well, I've had mine for a few weeks, so you're going to need a time machine.
You will probably need those two extra sets when it gets real technical and **** starts sparking, and blowing.
What's your point? I've never blown anything except RSD tweeters.

Didn't know you blew those, but that kind of proves my point.
What point? I never overpowered the RSD tweeters. If I believed everything I read, I'd own all JL Audio because they have the best marketing write ups. You must have me confused with a noob? I never expected greatness from the Rsd's even after reading the reviews.

My point is that you are ******* off the PPI comps already, and you have only played them on your home stereo. You were ******* off RSDs when you first got them too, and now you have a blown tweeter. Whether it is your fault or not, you are raving about **** you have barely used and could be your next RSD set.

maybe Bang is right, there's alot more talk on power handling. I'm not an audiophile by any mean. I heard a fair share of comps set and seriously, they are real nice for the price. They just sound so natural without any coloring and lots of details in the tweeters while its still lay back. That's more than I can expect for the price... but I haven't hear morel 10k set yet... That's how they sound to my ear, sorry if i can't be more precise

I don't blew speaker, but i just love to push them right from time to time, i cain't complain on anything seriosly

No, I understand liking something that is a great bargain. I bought these because they are supposed to be good. It just gets old seeing everyone jump on the wagon and start raving about things when they have used them for like a week. I have things I've owned for years, and still wouldn't comment on them because I haven't properly ran them, staged it, eq, etc. I'm not saying these comps are, or aren't, a great bargain. I'm saying there is a lot of really good budget equipment out there right now, and none of it is going to fix stupid.

This review is dead on and that's why I don't run them anymore. I still never felt like I got more speaker than I paid for.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't the best speakers I've ever heard. I was strapped for cash and I think I got more than I paid for. I'm running passive and won't be running active for a while. Yeah, only a 7 band, but a night and day difference. I would've got Audiocontrol but couldn't afford it. I don't really hear that harshness. My gains had to be turned down since I'm running that EQ, maybe because of the 8 volt line driver. This might be why I'm not hearing the harshness, but some people have dog ears and can hear every flaw. It's going to be up to you if you install them. I've sat in some SQ comp cars and wasn't impressed.
From raging boner, to totally limp in 8 days.

My point is that you are ******* off the PPI comps already, and you have only played them on your home stereo. You were ******* off RSDs when you first got them too, and now you have a blown tweeter. Whether it is your fault or not, you are raving about **** you have barely used and could be your next RSD set.
I'm not raving. Man, I guess you think you can actually win this argument? You said something about no one talking about how they sound, so I did. I even explained that they weren't even in the car yet, so a smart person knows not to take what I said that seriously. You're just reaching or trying to make something out of nothing. I've heard and installed more than my fair share of comps. Why don't you get on everyone that complimented these speakers because I'm not saying anything different about these PPI comps than they are? I even said I'll give a better review once they're installed. What will you reach for next, and think for once before you type some more BS!?

No, I understand liking something that is a great bargain. I bought these because they are supposed to be good. It just gets old seeing everyone jump on the wagon and start raving about things when they have used them for like a week. I have things I've owned for years, and still wouldn't comment on them because I haven't properly ran them, staged it, eq, etc. I'm not saying these comps are, or aren't, a great bargain. I'm saying there is a lot of really good budget equipment out there right now, and none of it is going to fix stupid.
You are contradicting the hell out of yourself. Maybe people are jumping on the wagon because these actually are a good set of speakers and happen to be a very reasonable price. I have been running them for around 3 to 4 months now and I am very happy with them. They are a hell of a lot better than the RSD's I was running, thats for sure. I am no audiophile by any means, I just like quality sounding music in my car. Do I need to have them "properly" staged or equalized to enjoy them. That would be a no captain.

Been few months now since they've been installed and i still love them. Honestly... all i did was a small boost at 125hz to bring some more midbass, beside that everything is flat. Midbass is the only "weak" point of the set imo.

My hpf is still pretty low... around 60-70hz... they don't complain... and they do make some new rattling appear in my fully deadened doors from time to time. They do drop low... but without alot of authority... but that's still pretty nice for a 6.5 set

They also takes power like a charm... i've been pushing them lately still without any sign of stressing.

My plan for next year will be to put another set in my front doors... just need someone to work them out.

You are contradicting the hell out of yourself. Maybe people are jumping on the wagon because these actually are a good set of speakers and happen to be a very reasonable price. I have been running them for around 3 to 4 months now and I am very happy with them. They are a hell of a lot better than the RSD's I was running, thats for sure. I am no audiophile by any means, I just like quality sounding music in my car. Do I need to have them "properly" staged or equalized to enjoy them. That would be a no captain.

WOW, didn't expect anything to be better than your RSDs honestly. You should buy every set of the ppis then. Don't forget to not properly set the EQ, and stage them at all because it doesn't really matter to you... dumb ass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.