New to Car audio forum, looking for help on first build

Yes going with a sub(or however many subs), and an amp to power that sub, that would be classified as a substage.
Your front stage would be classified as your front seakers, and a proper amp to power them.

However everything starts from your processing device(Head Unit).

So with that said, if you plan on keeping your stock speakers, and stock head unit, and end up buying a sub amp, and subs... all you are adding to your system is bass.
o i was planning on getting a new deck, subs, and amp i was really only going for the bass im a big bass fan haha but people tell me its gonna sound really bad cuz all ur gonna hear is ur bass so i dunno u guys think i should really go with a full system, as mentioned before? or does it really all depend on what i want cuz yeah i was going for bass at first but u guys bring up some good points

The amp is a 1000d or something from RD also and the deck is not sure im getting more info atm, so basically what i would be doing with deck,amp, and subs is a substage? I dunno much but i just dont think i need new speakers just an nice subs and an amp, but if in the end overall im gonna get nice sound and a good set of bass then i guess that would be better. How are the quality and ratings for the products u showed me earlier?
wuts spl or sq?
SPL is when you just want your system to be "LOUD" It stands for "Sound Pressure Level"

SQ means you want your system to be pure "sound quality" hence SQ...

SQL means you want it to get fairly loud, but still retain SQ.

SO if all you want to do is get your bass loud, SPL is for you. If you want a nice quality setup than SQ is for you etc. I all starts with what type of setup you want, and the next question is what type of music you listen to......all this stuff matters when buying audio.

EVERYTHING and I mean EVERY little detail matters.(If you want to buy good equipment and be satisfied)

o i was planning on getting a new deck, subs, and amp i was really only going for the bass im a big bass fan haha but people tell me its gonna sound really bad cuz all ur gonna hear is ur bass so i dunno u guys think i should really go with a full system, as mentioned before? or does it really all depend on what i want cuz yeah i was going for bass at first but u guys bring up some good points
If all you want is bass than you are aiming for SPL. WHat other people say does not matter. Yes a SPL sub aka- LOUD SUB will not sound as NICE or SQ as a SQ sub, but it will get really fuvking loud...

I would probably say get an Alpine or Pioneer for your first deck, but it all depends on what type of deck "look" your looking for, and what kind of equipment you are going to be running to it.

If you want a full system for a g, you can do that, you will just have to sacrifice in certain areas because you need more wiring and amps etc... but if you just want bass.. you can definately get some good shyt for a G

Well i think ill be going with SQL, but im really into Trance/techno/drumnbass, but also really into Hip Hop/Rap. I love all music but i listen to lots of song with bass so since that is the case, would going with the RD setup or my Typer 12's setup be fine? Hope im not being annoying to anyone on this forum just wanna make sure i get it right the first time haha, and not have to deal with returns and inconveniences.

my orginal Setup was just 2 Type R 12's 4ohms, either a PDX1.1000, or a vpower 1000, and a deck wut a good deck that i can find not retail* but like on ebay for around 200 bucs or so, any boxes u guys know of that are good for the type r's? O someone told me setting my subs up between Parallel and Dual? wuts the difference and wut is better?

ps; has anyone heard what the stock setup sounds like for a corolla S 2003? I think it sounds really nice compared to a lot of other car stock setups. But i could be dumb and wrong haha =P

Well i think ill be going with SQL, but im really into Trance/techno/drumnbass, but also really into Hip Hop/Rap. I love all music but i listen to lots of song with bass so since that is the case, would going with the RD setup or my Typer 12's setup be fine? Hope im not being annoying to anyone on this forum just wanna make sure i get it right the first time haha, and not have to deal with returns and inconveniences.
If you are into trance/rap/techno etc.... you should really go with a sub that can handle multiple bass notes that will hit very accurate and clean, not sloppy and "offbeat".

See the problem with that is if you want it to be loud, going with a ported box would be the way to go, but when you go with a ported box for your subs you lose SQ(Unless you really know how to tune, which is not very easy).

Going with a sealed box gives the best SQ you can get, but it does not get as loud as ported.

Now if you put a 1000w sub in a sealed box, its still going to get loud, just not as loud as a ported box(box being the same size obviously.)

If you want to make sure you getting good shyt, you need to make sure you going to be putting good time into your install.

Its not as easy as just buying boxes and hooking **** up. Its tricky stuff at first. We are here to help you, and there is no stupid questions. Keep posting and ask away.

If you were just being a dumbass and goofing off, most people on this forum would not help you, however it seems like everying has chimed in to say what they have to say(which is a good thing.)

Kris

my orginal Setup was just 2 Type R 12's 4ohms, either a PDX1.1000, or a vpower 1000, and a deck wut a good deck that i can find not retail* but like on ebay for around 200 bucs or so, any boxes u guys know of that are good for the type r's? O someone told me setting my subs up between Parallel and Dual? wuts the difference and wut is better?
Those 2 type R's with a PDX will definately be a nice substage, however thats about $700-800 of your budget right there just for subs and the PDX

Instead of getting the PDX, you could go with the hifonics 1606d(Can get them for like 200-250), and you can wire your 4 ohm subs down to 1 ohm, and the 1606d provides plenty of power for both.

I have seen type R's on here 2 of them for like $250 shipped, and a hifonics 1606d for like $200 shipped in our classified section. Thats a great little budget substage that can get pretty **** loud, and sound pretty **** good.

Let me put it this way. I (as well as the majority of the forum I'm sure) rocked just a substage for a while. I liked it, but that was my first taste of car audio. I can almost guarantee that you will want to upgrade within a year if you go with the substage alone.

The equipment I suggested is all very nice stuff. The deck isn't anything amazing, but it is a very solid deck from one of the leading manufacturers in the business. A lot of people on this forum have used and liked Elemental Designs amps. Some have some personal dislike for the company (because of some bad business practices years ago), but the products have always been quality and the company seems to be behaving itself now. The components I listed are some of the best around. They will out-play sets costing much more (They are a bargain even at the retail price of ~$500). The coaxials I posted are some of, if not the best bang-for-your buck coaxes on the market. They are cheap, install easily, and sound great. Hell, if you aren't up for installing a component set just yet, you would not be disappointed if you threw a pair of those up front as well. The PG sub is a great piece of equipment at any price. At $100 or so, you will not find a better sounding sub. It isn't the loudest on the market, but install it in the right enclosure and you will be surprised at the output you can get from one sub.

The comps, the coaxes, and the subs I listed have all been forum boners at one time or another. This setup will get plenty loud, and your music will still sound very good. This is probably one of the best $1000 systems around. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better collection of equipment within this price range (especially since all but the HU would be brand new)

If you are into trance/rap/techno etc.... you should really go with a sub that can handle multiple bass notes that will hit very accurate and clean, not sloppy and "offbeat".
See the problem with that is if you want it to be loud, going with a ported box would be the way to go, but when you go with a ported box for your subs you lose SQ(Unless you really know how to tune, which is not very easy).

Going with a sealed box gives the best SQ you can get, but it does not get as loud as ported.

Now if you put a 1000w sub in a sealed box, its still going to get loud, just not as loud as a ported box(box being the same size obviously.)

If you want to make sure you getting good shyt, you need to make sure you going to be putting good time into your install.

Its not as easy as just buying boxes and hooking **** up. Its tricky stuff at first. We are here to help you, and there is no stupid questions. Keep posting and ask away.

If you were just being a dumbass and goofing off, most people on this forum would not help you, however it seems like everying has chimed in to say what they have to say(which is a good thing.)

Kris
After this much time on the forum, you should know better than to say ported boxes lose SQ. A well-built, low-tuned ported box can give just as much SQ as asealed box while increasing the output

How good are hifonics? compared to other brands?
and which would u guys choose from these 2?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=MRP-M1000&lang=en&tab=F

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16368

is their gonna be any difference between sound quality of bass or wutever between mono and digital amps?
I would personally rather have the Alpine. But it really depends on how much power you need at what impedence and what the price is. Your best bet is to pick a sub, then pick an amp to power it.

The one thing I will say is that if you buy either of those (or any other mono amp) you will have to buy another amp to power any aftermarket front speakers you buy. That ED amp is a really good deal because it will power your sub(s) and your fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.