New to Car audio forum, looking for help on first build

With a small budget like that, I would suggest buying used around here. You'll be able to buy much nicer equipment with limited funds. Here's how I wold break it down.
HU: Pioneer P660 $100

Amp: Elemental Designs Nine.5 $350

Components: Pioneer TS-C720PRS $250

Rear Fill : Pioneer REVs $75

Sub: Phoenix Gold RSd12D $110

*That leaves you with $115 for wiring and building materials. Build your own ported box for the sub, to get more output for the money. Plus, you won't have to pay some shop an outrageous amount of cash to do something you can do on your own.

Have fun.

Basically what I mentioned without going to the classifieds, because I am too lazy to look stuff up, lol!

All of those are good deals, but I personally wouldn't buy anything other than the PDX amp. MAYBE the box if you don't have a saw and basic carpentry skills. Type-Rs are good, cheap subs that can sound half way decent and can get loud easily. I'd buy from someone else though. That auction has some faulty info in it, and I wouldn't trust a seller who lied about the equipment. As for the X200, it doesn't have a CD player, which is a big no-no in my book.

my friend wants to sell me his two 12's in audiobahn special editions in a JL box, and an 1800 watt kenwood amp for 300 including the cords and some monster cable he was talking about he totalled his 4runner cuz some lady side swiped him. is this a good deal? how much at most should i spend for a deck? Any specific models? would getting a amp more than 1000 watts be over kill for me?

my friend wants to sell me his two 12's in audiobahn special editions in a JL box, and an 1800 watt kenwood amp for 300 including the cords and some monster cable he was talking about he totalled his 4runner cuz some lady side swiped him. is this a good deal? how much at most should i spend for a deck? Any specific models? would getting a amp more than 1000 watts be over kill for me?
All crap. Stay away. Audiobahn subs ****. Prefab boxes ****. Kenwood doesn't even make an 1800 watt amp.

some guy was trying to sell me this:

I have something better for you bud. GURANTEED! Check out the RD Audio Classic 12's. http://www.rdaudio.net

I can do 2 Classic 12's, 1000D amp, and a JVC or Eclipse deck ( I will get model numbers ) for around $1000 shipped.

what do u guys think? compared to the stuff i was showing u guys earlier?

some guy was trying to sell me this:
I have something better for you bud. GURANTEED! Check out the RD Audio Classic 12's. http://www.rdaudio.net

I can do 2 Classic 12's, 1000D amp, and a JVC or Eclipse deck ( I will get model numbers ) for around $1000 shipped.

what do u guys think? compared to the stuff i was showing u guys earlier?
depending on amp and headunit, it might be a good deal. Those subs are $200 apiece new. I still think the route I suggested would be the best for you though. One thing you should learn is that a substage is NOT a system. If you can get a full system with your budget, why go with just a substage. That PG sub in a properly-built ported enclosure should be more than loud enough for your first system. Will definitely do better than most of the Best-buy caliber stuff you're used to. Plus it will still sound really nice.

1800w max means nothing. Only look at RMS ratings. That's the power you are going to see (Why do you think they call it a 9104D and not a 18104D?)
Yeah max ratings mean nothing, I learned that the hard way when I first got into this shyt. ALWAYS go by RMS ratings, and the better brands, build their stuff better and acctually under-rate their equipment.

depending on amp and headunit, it might be a good deal. Those subs are $200 apiece new. I still think the route I suggested would be the best for you though. One thing you should learn is that a substage is NOT a system. If you can get a full system with your budget, why go with just a substage. That PG sub in a properly-built ported enclosure should be more than loud enough for your first system. Will definitely do better than most of the Best-buy caliber stuff you're used to. Plus it will still sound really nice.
The amp is a 1000d or something from RD also and the deck is not sure im getting more info atm, so basically what i would be doing with deck,amp, and subs is a substage? I dunno much but i just dont think i need new speakers just an nice subs and an amp, but if in the end overall im gonna get nice sound and a good set of bass then i guess that would be better. How are the quality and ratings for the products u showed me earlier?

The amp is a 1000d or something from RD also and the deck is not sure im getting more info atm, so basically what i would be doing with deck,amp, and subs is a substage? I dunno much but i just dont think i need new speakers just an nice subs and an amp, but if in the end overall im gonna get nice sound and a good set of bass then i guess that would be better. How are the quality and ratings for the products u showed me earlier?
Yes going with a sub(or however many subs), and an amp to power that sub, that would be classified as a substage.

Your front stage would be classified as your front seakers, and a proper amp to power them.

However everything starts from your processing device(Head Unit).

So with that said, if you plan on keeping your stock speakers, and stock head unit, and end up buying a sub amp, and subs... all you are adding to your system is bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.