New to Car audio forum, looking for help on first build

the only thing im conscerned with is that my rear speakers and the size of my front speakers will the ones u had in the orginal setup be able to fit? my friend says the back ones are 6X9's

the only thing im conscerned with is that my rear speakers and the size of my front speakers will the ones u had in the orginal setup be able to fit? my friend says the back ones are 6X9's
They are, but you can get the coaxes I posted before in a 6x9. 6 1/2" is just a very common size, which is why I posted those.

Can you give me a final set budget to play with. Then I'll get to searching.

Ok, here goes:

System 1 (I think you'll like this one- all PG RSd):

Deck: $170

Subs: $270

Sub Amp: $265

Components: $90

Rear Fill: $75

Front Stage Amp: $199

That all comes out to $1070 shipped. You'll have to extend the budget a little to deaden your doors, buy box materials, buy wiring, etc. Your best bet is to look for people in the classifieds here who are selling leftover deadening material and used wiring. You shouldn't have to spend more than about $1250 total.

Now I'll get working on a single-sub setup.

Ok, here goes:

System 1 (I think you'll like this one- all PG RSd):

Subs: $270

Sub Amp: $265

Components: $90

Rear Fill: $75

Front Stage Amp: $199

That all comes out to $1070 shipped. You'll have to extend the budget a little to deaden your doors, buy box materials, buy wiring, etc. Your best bet is to look for people in the classifieds here who are selling leftover deadening material and used wiring. You shouldn't have to spend more than about $1250 total.

Now I'll get working on a single-sub setup.
Thats a good system, definately great equipment...

But if you searched around a bit you could find each individual item cheaper, but if you want new... ebay is the cheapest usually.

my friend says i should hold off on deading and do it as i hear it like if thers a little rattle there and here just deaden those instead of deading the entire car

my friend says i should hold off on deading and do it as i hear it like if thers a little rattle there and here just deaden those instead of deading the entire car
How many times must I tell you to stop listening to your friend? HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. Sound deadening isn't just for rattles. It makes your speakers sound better. If you don't deaden at least your doors, your components will sound like crap because the waves aren't directed correctly.

Your friend has no more knowledge about audio than you do. You should tell him to sign up on the forum so he can learn something before he provides any more "advice".

How many times must I tell you to stop listening to your friend? HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. Sound deadening isn't just for rattles. It makes your speakers sound better. If you don't deaden at least your doors, your components will sound like crap because the waves aren't directed correctly.
Your friend has no more knowledge about audio than you do. You should tell him to sign up on the forum so he can learn something before he provides any more "advice".
x2.

And System Number 2

Sub: $214 (Make sure you order the 15" D2 with the copper coil option)

Comps: $250

Rear Fill: $100

5-Channel Amp: $350

And you're at $1084 before wiring, deadening and build materials. This option gives you better individual components, but I like the first one better just because the all-RSD thing is so clean and cohesive. And you won't be disappointed at all with the sound quality. It's all great equipment, even though it's so inexpensive. Whichever one you pick, or if you pick the first one I posted at the beginning of the thread, or if you mix and match, you'll be happy.

Read around on here to learn more before you buy. There is A LOT of knowledge on here if you're patient enough to look for it. A lot of good deals can be had in the classifieds too if you wand to start putting together something of your own. I'll be happy to answer any more questions to the best of my ability, but I think you'll be off to a pretty good start.

wut does the copper coil option do? what kind of box should i get for the 15 and the 10's? which setup do u think will have better bass?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.