Kicker or Alpine --

Im on a budget and I built my own sealed box.

Also im more into SQ then I am SPL, (not that I would know, this is my first system)

its being powered by a Cadence TXA-6004 (600x2 @ 4 ohms) because I forgot in my original post.

LOL, those are both awesome SQ subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

How much power will you have?

I really don't know much about the Kicker.. Besides that it is not an SQ woofer, it get's load but is not geared towards SQ..

The Type R is the same way, and can handle LOTs of power.

I've heard L5's that sounded better than R's, but meh.

Either will work in the right box for what you want. Just make sure it's either the correct sealed volume for the sub you buy.

Kef

It doesnt have to be between these two, im just on a strict budget of >150

any other suggestions?? Maybe I dont really need that much SQ. This is my first sub and amp, and I dont want something thats going to hit so hard I cant hear my Alpine Type-S speakers.

ehh some guys on here should be able to give you better options. the L5 can pound but its not an SQ sub. its also not as much in the range of an argh but either way, im sure youll be fine since its your first. youll probably enjoy either one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.