Kicker hideaway HS10 help please!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

This_just_in88 C

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I’m installing a hs10 in my 2002 f250. I currently have a Kenwood head unit. I have connected the remote wire to the head unit remote acc wire. Power to battery and nice sanded tight ground to the body under the carpet.
When I plug it in it will blink red momentarily but will not stay in. I have tried with the av cables and tapped into the speaker wires with no luck. Fuses are good. Multimeter shows power to connector. Any help is appreciated.

remote wire to the head unit remote acc wire
Is this a blue or blue/white wire from the Kenwood? The ACC wire is red and although that should turn on the amp, it is not the prefered wiring method.

Power to battery and nice sanded tight ground to the body under the carpet.
When I plug it in it will blink red momentarily but will not stay in.
Disconnect the Remote wire and put a jumper from the amp's Remote to the Power wire. See if it stays on. If not, the ground may be lacking. A zero resistance ground does not mean it will let good amperage through.
Also check if you have the Remote turn on/Signal turn on option. If yes, set it to Remote turn on.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...