Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Man, NO! I won't step foot in that place. I'm too worried if I go in there they'll strip my car in the parking lot and sell my hubcaps for $5 installed.
On another note: I have a few friends who always say "dude, I bet total customs has it" just to mess with me. I honestly have nothing against that place, it's just funny they always say that to me.

What do you think of it? Any good? (either latino's or TC)
I used to buy stuff from Total Customs all the time when they were in priceville, Dewayne would let me watch them install things in my car b4 I new much about it so I could learn. Jake, the present owner is a nice guy, I've heard mixed things about his installations but I have no 1st hand experience of his work and have nothing bad to say about him or his shop. Latino's is a different story, I've fixed about 15 cars that had previously been there and it was not pretty. An ext cab silverado was really bad, they unbolted the back seat, stuck a prefab box under it and sat the seat on top of the box and bolted the seat to the box, the box however was unsecured and the customer had his 2 year old son riding around in his car seat back there for about 2 weeks. Thankfully they did not have an accident in the mean time.

. An ext cab silverado was really bad, they unbolted the back seat, stuck a prefab box under it and sat the seat on top of the box and bolted the seat to the box, the box however was unsecured
lmao.

I saw that end of your sentence coming before I finished the 5th word. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

run on sentences > me

That was the worst one iirc. Alot of the others were mainly wiring, ex- cut wiring harness, ground wires mounted the underside of the rear baffle in the trunk, the usual spaghetti, power wires run thru the door jamb etc.

The last time I went in I asked about buying an 880prs from them, I later told him what it is, since he didn't know. He said that he had a Boss unit that would kick it's ass for only $300. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Ahhh yet another audio related story brought to you by the geniuses at the local Circut chitty .....

I was in the market to buy an eclipse cd7000 . Went to cc to look , cause a friend was in there and said they had all of last years model head units marked down. So I'm standing there looking at all the open box and marked down head units in the case. When I was approcahed by a salesman . He asked if he could help , and I told him I was interested in the eclipse cd7000 . He said he just sold the last one they had , but he had a great deal on the cd5000 . So he pulls out the cd5000 and starts giving me the run down on all the features . Then he got to the time alignment. I asked him to tell me a little more about the time alignment meaning what increments , and how adjustable it was . He then starts explaining to me how time alignment works . " Say you drive a little car. And you want your little car to sound 10 foot wider . Time alignment can make that possible . You just add in 5 foot of delay to each speaker , and your car will sound 10 foot wider " I could only say " wow , it's amazing what they can do with electronics now a days " //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ahhh yet another audio related story brought to you by the geniuses at the local Circut chitty .....
I was in the market to buy an eclipse cd7000 . Went to cc to look , cause a friend was in there and said they had all of last years model head units marked down. So I'm standing there looking at all the open box and marked down head units in the case. When I was approcahed by a salesman . He asked if he could help , and I told him I was interested in the eclipse cd7000 . He said he just sold the last one they had , but he had a great deal on the cd5000 . So he pulls out the cd5000 and starts giving me the run down on all the features . Then he got to the time alignment. I asked him to tell me a little more about the time alignment meaning what increments , and how adjustable it was . He then starts explaining to me how time alignment works . " Say you drive a little car. And you want your little car to sound 10 foot wider . Time alignment can make that possible . You just add in 5 foot of delay to each speaker , and your car will sound 10 foot wider " I could only say " wow , it's amazing what they can do with electronics now a days " //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol.

me and some of my friends were rideing out town in my old pathfinder. my friends phone rings and one of his friends asks do you know of anyone that will run systems for money. well my friend asks me if i know anyone that would run this kid for money. i ask whats he got . he says he has a 15" MTX RFL and two 12" RF T2's. and he wants to run his system for 500 bucks cash on spot. well i tell em to come to wallmarts parking lot and ill run him. my friend tells this kid to come and meet us. well this kid wants to know what i got. i told him a few **** subs (lol) i told him this so he want get nervous and not show. i needed the 500 bucks bad if i would have told him he wouldnt have showed. he pulls up beside us thumping thinking he is the ****. dont get me wrong this kids system was pretty **** loud. anywayz we got out and he shows me the RFL and the T2's. and he was like you ready to get you ass kicked..?? i started laughing and said yea i showed em what i had at the time. 2 15" Virtual Technologies in 7 cube Vented boxes and one 18" MMats Juggernaut he was still a lil cooky thinking that rfl was going to walk all over my juggernaut well i told him i didnt have 500 cash on me but if i lost i would give him my subs and my rackmount amp. well i have the db meter and my labtop with me so i hook everything up in his car well he starts playing your not the same by akon he hits 151.2 he is like beat that . he is like dancing all around the parking lot thinking he had me beat. well we get everything hooked up in my pathfinder and i play the same song. i hit 159.8 he was like **** i thought Rockford fosgate was better than mmats. i was like rockford fosgate new subs are kind of a joke there not even close to what they was a few years back. well the system is starting to pay for itself.

me and some of my friends were rideing out town in my old pathfinder. my friends phone rings and one of his friends asks do you know of anyone that will run systems for money. well my friend asks me if i know anyone that would run this kid for money. i ask whats he got . he says he has a 15" MTX RFL and two 12" RF T2's. and he wants to run his system for 500 bucks cash on spot. well i tell em to come to wallmarts parking lot and ill run him. my friend tells this kid to come and meet us. well this kid wants to know what i got. i told him a few **** subs (lol) i told him this so he want get nervous and not show. i needed the 500 bucks bad if i would have told him he wouldnt have showed. he pulls up beside us thumping thinking he is the ****. dont get me wrong this kids system was pretty **** loud. anywayz we got out and he shows me the RFL and the T2's. and he was like you ready to get you ass kicked..?? i started laughing and said yea i showed em what i had at the time. 2 15" Virtual Technologies in 7 cube Vented boxes and one 18" MMats Juggernaut he was still a lil cooky thinking that rfl was going to walk all over my juggernaut well i told him i didnt have 500 cash on me but if i lost i would give him my subs and my rackmount amp. well i have the db meter and my labtop with me so i hook everything up in his car well he starts playing your not the same by akon he hits 151.2 he is like beat that . he is like dancing all around the parking lot thinking he had me beat. well we get everything hooked up in my pathfinder and i play the same song. i hit 159.8 he was like **** i thought Rockford fosgate was better than mmats. i was like rockford fosgate new subs are kind of a joke there not even close to what they was a few years back. well the system is starting to pay for itself.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I'm sorry, but //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

dude having 2 15's and 1 18 just isnt cool
it was that day. im all kicker now 4 12" L7's same head unit and mid bass's the juggernaut fell appart after i sold it to my friend and the virtual tech's foam surround and spider fell appart and i cant find a recone kit for it. im woundering if a mmats p3 sub recone kit will fit a virtual tech basket?

Well, they've been bringing DB drag back to this state, which is awesome.But with it will come some n00bs.

This one dude had a pair of CVR's (iirc they were 12's) and a 750.1. Circuit city has been doing these shows, and that's where he got the subs/amp I think.Anyway, he said he's been through 7 or 8 of the loaded boxes.Appearently the coils keep frying.Anyway, his current subs were all kinds of ****ed up (making the DMM jump around like mad). So one of the circuit c ity installers (he was just as dumb as this kid) swaps it out for one off of the floor, working again. He was setting his gains and one other guy told him to let me do it as I walked up.

The way he had them set, was gain/bass boost/crossover pegged.He had an eclipse HU with either 5 or 8v pre-outs.So I set them the best I could by ear.We move the box a little, he pulls up and does a 140.Then he goes and pegs everything again for his last run.Didn't gain one **** thing, I just laughed and figured I wouldn't bother trying to help him any more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...