Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Not long stories: Just quick short ones

A month ago I was in Tweeter with a friend helping him pick out a h/u. He wasn't willing to wait and wanted it that day. I studied up on the deck he wanted and went in there with him. I mentioned something about Crutchfield to the salesman, saying that they throw in install accessories and would he be willing to do that. He says "Crutchfield is way higher than us, so they should give you free harnesses". Riiiiiight... That's why your man told me a few days before that you and Crutchfield have the same prices and you do the installs for them? Those guys are stupid.

Go to BB. I'm looking around with my fiance for the heck of it while we wait on her folks who are shopping for a TV. While we're walking around looking at 4-channels I say something about going active with one of the smaller amps. Some dumb azz overheard me and said that 40w (x 4 mind you) wouldn't do anything on a sub...I dont even try to explain to him because it wasn't worth my time, but my fiance chimes in...lmao:

Her: "He's not talking about a subwoofer, he's talking about a 2-way active setup for his tweeter & mid. A subwoofer has nothing to do with an active setup" and I SWEAR TO GOD, rolls her eyes at him. LMAO. I honestly laughed out loud.

Another story of my girl FTW is at a privately owned shop. We're in there, and I ask the owner (the owner) if they have the Alpine processor in. He didn't know what it was and I just said the 5.1 surround sound unit since that's what most salesmen know it as. He says "oh. We don't have it in, but I can get it for you". We negotiate a little, and afterwards he asked me something about me using it to watch movies. My girl answered for me and said "no, he just wants it for an active setup so he can fine tune his crossover points and time correction".

I swear, I don't know where that came from, but I guess all that time I was going on and on and on and on about going active she actually listened.

Other than that, I don't really have any good stories. Just the usual "mine's louder than yours" and me responding with "but it sounds like crap, and mine's louder"...

PS: I love knowing more than the salesmen. It makes me feel oh, so coooool.

lmao your fiance pwned some fools, marry her ASAP
I know...even though as I was typing I realized that she wasn't 100% correct about subwoofer not being active, but hey, how many people are referencing subwoofers when they're talking about active setups? Besides, that idiot didn't know anything.

If there's anything I hate it's random kids trying to give me information when I'm looking around. Stupids, I wouldn't buy crap from those stores anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

That's pretty cool about your girl. The girls I dated don't know a mid from a tweeter.
She bought my first 4-channel on her own, without any help; even matched the power to my speakers right. And paid up front for my amp & sub. She's really cool. She doesn't like me spending that much $ on it, but she understands, and she lets me ramble on and on about it. She's very smart, and actually did most of my sound deadening on my doors. She asked me why I was doing it to begin with so she learned alot then. I dunno...guess I'm just lucky.

Edit: poor sentence structure.

I know...even though as I was typing I realized that she wasn't 100% correct about subwoofer not being active, but hey, how many people are referencing subwoofers when they're talking about active setups? Besides, that idiot didn't know anything.
If there's anything I hate it's random kids trying to give me information when I'm looking around. Stupids, I wouldn't buy crap from those stores anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Man, me and my wife need to go into some shops w/ you guys sometime. I love pwning the locals, although I think your girl knows a little more about it than my wife. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Man, me and my wife need to go into some shops w/ you guys sometime. I love pwning the locals, although I think your girl knows a little more about it than my wife. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Haha, alright. Let's go into Total Customs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

word, have you been to "Latino's" yet??
Man, NO! I won't step foot in that place. I'm too worried if I go in there they'll strip my car in the parking lot and sell my hubcaps for $5 installed.

On another note: I have a few friends who always say "dude, I bet total customs has it" just to mess with me. I honestly have nothing against that place, it's just funny they always say that to me.

What do you think of it? Any good? (either latino's or TC)

do they specialize in lowriders and impalas with 14" wire rims?

just a hunch
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Nah, they aren't hispanic either. I'm 1/2 Puerto Rican and the 1st time I went in there the guy started speaking Spanish to me in a strange accent and I just looked at him like wtf are you saying. They are friendly so I don't give them too hard of a time. I go in there occasionally b/c you can haggle w/ them and occasionally get some decent stuff at really low prices. They will not touch my car though, that's for **** sure. That and it looks like an Audiobahn factory outlet/scratch and dent store in there.

do they specialize in lowriders and impalas with 14" wire rims?

just a hunch
Nope. I think they specialize on anything that's not authorized (see: legal).

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nope. I think they specialize on anything that's not authorized (see: legal).
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...