Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Pyro's story reminds me of the noobs around here. A decent friend of mine was wanting to show me his system Wednesday night. He had one 12" FUBAR in a sealed box, running off of some Terminator 1,000 watt amp.. He had a Pioneer 6700 headunit.. The volume goes to 54, and his sub sounded like it was falling apart at just 20. I checked his settings and gains... Gain was all the way up, as was the bass on the headunit.. He was clipping the hell out of that sub..He was just as proud as could be though. I told him it sounded good not to hurt his feelings.

Everyone around here thinks you are supposed to crank the gain to the max, including bass boost, and the bass on the headunit.It is quite sad.

I was chillin at the spot, a good friend of mine pulls up. I hear him bumping a little bit. I check out wut hes got now, two type r 12's in a turbo bass probox powered by a quote "competition spl 1200w amp". He said when he gets his 3000w spl amp, hes gonna be hitting over 200 db's. I said just be careful man, 201 could kill you. He thought i was dead ass serious.

Not necessarily an SPL story but my wife did punk out the lead installer at a shop in the area. They're having a DB Drag event and the shop and a local radio station got together to give away this Camaro. It's a decent looking fiberglass install with a couple Memphis subs, baby Belle, and a Kenwood single DIN video unit.

DSC01086.jpg

She walks up to the box looks at it and then lightly knocks on the fiberglass and says" Wow, that fiberglass is really thin. Plus, they mounted the subs with Phillips screws. They should have used t-nuts and hex heads or torx. This would be super easy to steal. Maybe I'll come back later with a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer" I think the installer crapped a brick. Have I mentioned I love her?

kid at school said he has a loud stereo and the guy at the shop told him not to play it with the windows rolled up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif he said he went into a store and his friend turned it up while he was in there and blew the back three windows out of his ext cab truck:suicide: i think he has like 1 15 xplod:laugh:

me and some of my friends were rideing out town in my old pathfinder. my friends phone rings and one of his friends asks do you know of anyone that will run systems for money. well my friend asks me if i know anyone that would run this kid for money. i ask whats he got . he says he has a 15" MTX RFL and two 12" RF T2's. and he wants to run his system for 500 bucks cash on spot. well i tell em to come to wallmarts parking lot and ill run him. my friend tells this kid to come and meet us. well this kid wants to know what i got. i told him a few **** subs (lol) i told him this so he want get nervous and not show. i needed the 500 bucks bad if i would have told him he wouldnt have showed. he pulls up beside us thumping thinking he is the ****. dont get me wrong this kids system was pretty **** loud. anywayz we got out and he shows me the RFL and the T2's. and he was like you ready to get you ass kicked..?? i started laughing and said yea i showed em what i had at the time. 2 15" Virtual Technologies in 7 cube Vented boxes and one 18" MMats Juggernaut he was still a lil cooky thinking that rfl was going to walk all over my juggernaut well i told him i didnt have 500 cash on me but if i lost i would give him my subs and my rackmount amp. well i have the db meter and my labtop with me so i hook everything up in his car well he starts playing your not the same by akon he hits 151.2 he is like beat that . he is like dancing all around the parking lot thinking he had me beat. well we get everything hooked up in my pathfinder and i play the same song. i hit 159.8 he was like **** i thought Rockford fosgate was better than mmats. i was like rockford fosgate new subs are kind of a joke there not even close to what they was a few years back. well the system is starting to pay for itself.

does anyone think this is a bit ironic that he is telling a lie inside a supposedly "funny SPL story"?

bored so..

im driving down the main road at USF, Tampa campus.. and im playing that addictive "apple Bottom jeans" song...

not even really bumping but the song hits low and hard with the Uberwoofer on 1000 watts.

some black dude hanging out on the wall at the sidewalk motions me to stop, i rolled my window down, and he asks how many subs i have and what kind. i park and open the back and he asks "well wait till you see what i gots man..." and we ride to the parking garage. pops the trunk on a Donk'ed out caprice.. rims, paint, the whole thing..

(4) RE Se15's ... running off (2) MTX1501Ds ...

guy actually had taste.

bored so..

im driving down the main road at USF, Tampa campus.. and im playing that addictive "apple Bottom jeans" song...

not even really bumping but the song hits low and hard with the Uberwoofer on 1000 watts.

some black dude hanging out on the wall at the sidewalk motions me to stop, i rolled my window down, and he asks how many subs i have and what kind. i park and open the back and he asks "well wait till you see what i gots man..." and we ride to the parking garage. pops the trunk on a Donk'ed out caprice.. rims, paint, the whole thing..

(4) RE Se15's ... running off (2) MTX1501Ds ...

guy actually had taste.
Stories like that give me hope for the future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Saw TreyE talking about Audio Itch here in tampa..

i grew up with the owners nephew so he was ALWAYS having JL **** and always burning it up and getting it replaced. i got into car audio and even with this kids discounts the prices were retarded...

He tells me that he has a 13W3 in a sealed box.. that will 'Kill' my 3HP in 4 cubes ported.

needless to say he looks at my Memphis MClass 1000D old school and asks "whats that".. i tell him "you sell the NEW frame and cover model for $399... you should know that it is".. We hookup HIS Jl 500/1 on a 13w3 in a sealed box.. and IMAGINE THAT... my 3HP on 1000 watts gets louder? He said that he must have "hurt the sub earlier doing the same comparison for someone and its usually louder than that..". he even got his busted ass TL out with a mic hanging off the handle..

loser.

I see him at steak n shake... tell him to come over and hop on the meter, show off the 152.5... and he says ok I'm gonna go get my car. I never saw him up there again - lol.

I later found out that he hadn't changed a dam thing, and owed alot of people alot of $... whatever happened with that I dont know.
hmm sounds like u

where r u?

dont u owe folks money as well?

we never seen u again!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...