Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Bumpin' Yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FL
ok ive decided to start a funny thread here...lol

2 days ago a guy is having us install a jensen flip out tv in his 2nd gen toyota pickup. (You know the pickup with the exact same front end as the 2nd gen 4runner) Normally Im very cool towards other toyota owners... Anyhow as I begin work on this dudes truck, I pull out the old Panasonic phantom hu and immediately notice that the asshat didnt bother buying vehicle specific wiring harnesses, so I did a proper hard wire for him.... Also mind you in a toyota it's iso mounted, this means that the unit has 4 bolts anchoring it to 2 brackets and each bracket has 2 bolts bolting it into the dash. Well he lost those as well and had some bobo cheezy dash kit holding the old radio and honestly it didnt fit. Well I took that to the bench grinder and got it to fit. Then there isnt enough room behind the face for the radio to slide into its cage, so I do a little more custom magic to install it. Finally it's in but the bobo dash kit + the jensen's trim bezel + the dash bezel is making the screen hard to slide in and out....

At this point Im at my whit's end.... Im sick, the retard who owns this truck thinks he knows how to install but doesnt, the truck is fighting, the unit is fighting me, etc...

To make matters worse as im making repeated trips to the bench grinder with the Jensen's trim bezel the owner (about 16) decides its a good time to sit in the passenger seat and play with the unit!! I tolerate this hopeing for a tip...

As I am reassembling his dash for the 8th time he begins telling me about how he had an INSANELY LOUD system in his extended cab truck. Something about 4 infinity refrence 12s... My respsonse was, "cool." and I kept working. He then offered up that he had hit a 155 at a show when he competed with it. Again, my terse response was "cool." and I kept working. He then starts telling me about how his buddy hits 158 and competes....blah blah blah. I again being unimpressed say "cool." and go back to working on his godforsaken truck...

He then asks me if I have a system in my truck, to which I say yes and continue working. He then asks in a condescending tone, "what 2 10s?" with a smart ass smirk. I stop look him in the eye and said, "No I have 2 digital designs 9915s, have over 9,000 watts rms, I compete, have been to db drag world finals, and know a thing or two about getting loud...

He didnt utter another word...lol I got the jensen working and installed cleanly and he left.

This is why I hate people in general...lol

2 more stories coming in due time...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thats funny, i would have personally gone the route of, ya its just a little system.. not much power. Then had him sit in it until his ears bleed.

hehehe usually i wont even say a word and just let them be...hehe But every so often the stars align and ill get a good story...hehehe

lol that was good, i had a recent one during the Black friday rush, i was in the BOOM room lookin at a HU for the woman. This guy was in their with his boys showing off the subs he just bough, he put a cd in and was turning it up telling his boys that it hits harder than no other, so the smart ass i am i respond on saying that aint shizz, then he replies in an pissed off mood saying oh its WAY louder in my car. Then i say ooo what you pushing a whole 500 watts, i doing about 4 times that. I asked him how big of a hole did that burn your pocket..... he pauses, and says he paid about 800 dollars... and i have a grin on my face, then i proceed to say oh i only paid about 700 for my setup and it's 10 times louder than that piece... so he takes his cd out and storms out of the BOOM ROOM, so after My cousin and I are finished shopping the ARSE clowns were out in the parking lot booming his ****, then yells at me saying i told you it's louder in my car and his boys are all laughing so i get in my car pull up next to him and said are you ready.... Put it on Throw it up and turned it up, then he tried to turn his up and it cuts off. He started cursing and yelling and mine was even at the loudest it could go, he drives off to the back of the roadshop to get it fixed i guess, but my cousin and i couldn't stop laughing... it made my day even though i got 2 hours of sleep..

oh he was showing off the polk subs in the prefab box, 45hz box for teh win!

Ive got a decent one...Ok the other night I was at a party with some fraternity brothers, and I know one of these guys has some kind of subwoofers in his truck, so I casually ask him what he has...BIG MISTAKE. Well he proceeds to go on for about 5 minutes about his 2 eclipse 6000 series 10's and his "special" box. Well some dumb kid asked him how was his system so loud (really isnt) and the guy said its because of my box, he said, "I have a 300 dollar box, see its a pro box, and its covered with that spray on bedliner material that what makes it so loud". So after I stop laughing inside, I ask a friend to drive me to my truck, so i can bring it to the party. So about 20 min later I show up back at the party with my truckand this guy is still talking to some people about how loud his system is. and he makes the mistake of calling me out. Normally ill just brush off a compitiion like this, but for some reason I felt invinceble. So we get a non discriminating judge to sit in both of our vehicles and listen to the same song in both trucks. He goes first and the judge (a girl) said dammn boy thats loud. So then she proceeds to climb up into my truck, I turn on some Young Jeezy, and At first I just let my mid bass and tweeters play, and everyone laughs at me and starts congratulating the other guy.

So I say hold up something is worng. I start pretending to be messing with crossover and eq settings on my HU, When I really just turned the sub output on,and then proceeded to thouroughly woop his ass.

He gets pissed off and decideds that he can still beat me, so he goes and cranks th gains on his amps all the way up, and asks me If I have a CD he can use, I hand him my Test CD and tell him to play track 30...30hz at 0db, needless to say, he is looking for new subs today.

Man I used to hear those all the time at CCity.

One of my coworkers there was saying how great the optima batteries are, that you dont even need an alternator, they just recharge automatically.

Rewind to August 2nd, 2003. Im in Gainesville, FL at the time attending UF. At this time I had had my new 9915s for about 3 months and had just grabbed 4 mtx 81000'ds to push them and some svr 75s. At this time I had no meter and had minimal play time... This was also the year that the now famous TermLab pressure sensor was debuted. This year was the last for the old, very soft, TL....

Anyhow my teammates (Pure Pressure Audio) are hosting a show at SDP in gainesville. Being the good teammember that I am I arrive early and help out setting up the show. Well all is good and set at about 930 and there are people but no one is qualifying yet.... So I roll in and find my loudest note before qualifying begins. Oddly enough it's 44hz (iirc.) I then say hey ima qualify now. And proceed to let rip on the old TL mic. At the end of the 3 second auditory onslaught I posted a 153.8. No sooner do I shut off the HU then some black dude gets in my face talking sh!t.

"man you betta gots waaay more den dats!! Ima crush dat numba in da lanes *****!" blah blah blah...

I have no idea who the joker is or what his issue was, nor did I care....in any event I leave the lanes then commence to recharge the batts and level match my amps per mitek instructions.

I emerge from my truck 3 hours later being successful. Now curious to see how our smak talking friend did, I ask my buddy Jim who was running the show. Well low and behold he qualified 2nd from last in my class with a whooping 141.2 or some such number.

The ranking in street B (now street C) read:

1 Steve Nelson 153.8

2. Robbie Claunch 146.7 (iirc)

3. some dude with a 145.1

4. mr smak talker with a 141.2

5. another dude with a 139.7

Well for those familiar with double elim format, the top 3 in this scenario get a bye and advance to semifinals. To fill the last, 4th slot in semifinals, number 4 and 5 have to go at it. Well smack talker pervails with a 141.6 or some such thing...

Now it's me vs some dude with a 145 and yota belchs fourth a 154.7, so I advance to finals. Now its Robbie Clauchs (a bud of mine) vs mr smak talker.

(Now for some background info: Mr Smack talker owns some old blue hoopT caprice with the old LT1 and on 20s. He also had 8 12s in the trunk, which we discovered only after the show was over. Well evidentally he also somehow realized that the faster an alternator spins the more amperage it will put out.)

Well when he goes up against my boy, Robbie, he commences his burp and revvs the poor LT1 sky high... (At this time you were allowed to have your engine running, up to 2000rpm, in street - not anymore today.) Well Jim is motioning for him to not revv it so hight as it has GOT to be eclipsing 8000rpm. He is still revving it when white smoke starts pouring from the exhuast. The spl? 142.5! He finally gets off the gas and the LT1 now has one of the worst bottom end knocks I have ever heard!! Robbie then busts out a 147.9 on him and sends him packing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Then its robbie and I in finals and my truck again winningwith a 154.7. hehe

So after all that smack talking the guy has a 4th place out of 5 people, a blownup LT1, and an ooooh soooo impressive 142.5! LOL

i was in school one day(highschool) and told someone i just put in my new 15xxx in a 3.8cu box tuned to 33(no one knows what that means anyways) this kid goes, well who gives a ****, ive had my 3 12 kicker comp vrs and im never changing for some brand ive never heard of before that is prolly from vin diesel or something(xxx). i said my 1 sub will **** on ur 3. he laughs and makes me go to the parking lot with him to listen to his truck.. he plays some lil jon and it was a little loud, his prefab box ****** ass, so he goes"i told you that **** pounded" i said come to my car...i put on the same lil jon **** he had on and turned my gain up a lil(i had to) and when the bass hit he reached for the volume knob and turned it down, and started scratching his nose. i said whats wrong, he said that i was lying and said i had 4 12s in the trunk...i pop the trunk and show him the xxx, now he wants to buy one and have me make him a box,,,i ignore him everytime i see him in school now.

i love the smak talkers that dont do crap when the spotlight is on them. i have yet to compette in car audio comp.s but i get that alot in the powerlifting meets my school has. a guy says this you do that and then he gets up and doesnt do anything close to what you do and then they make excuses "why" they didnt. is there anything better than that? (besides sex)

A guy around here in a tercel had 2 MTX 9500's and the older mojo... thought he was the loudest man in the world.

Well, he hopped on the TL one day @ steak n shake... pulled a 143.x somewhere past 52hz. Fine, whatever. He wouldn't pop his trunk... because it was such a secret install. Later claims were the trunk was filled with concrete (turned out to be cans on cans of expanding foam), he used "illegal ports" (I still have no idea), and he popped in on his SD page a few months later saying he was doing a 152.5, and did it @ a meca show. I had been to every show last year, and knew better. But what the hell, maybe he went to a show I missed, and maybe he changed some stuff.

I see him at steak n shake... tell him to come over and hop on the meter, show off the 152.5... and he says ok I'm gonna go get my car. I never saw him up there again - lol.

I later found out that he hadn't changed a dam thing, and owed alot of people alot of $... whatever happened with that I dont know.

As far as where that score came from... at the time I metered him @ steak n shake, I was doing ~ a 152.5... coincidence? nah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

didn't u know that black duct tape adds 1000000000000 dbs!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...