Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Holy moly old thread but WTH.

Drive through shenanigans from 16 years ago just after I started this thread origionally.

Went to burger King on my lunch break one day. Guy in front of me is bumping pretty well actually. Super tweets and decent bass. I'd guess about a mid 140 on the TL legal or so.

I place my order then, still about 20 yards away, do a very short 42hz burp. (Yup she's still as violent as I remember.) This IMMEDIATELY got the driver's attention in the car in front as well as the guy working the drive through.

I had pulled up behind the car in front and the next thing I know the guy working drive through is half out the window telling me to turn up my system.

So I oblige with one of my bass songs (whose name escapes me now) and yup, the usual effects. I can't see because my eyeballs are vibrating, it's hard to breath, there's a massive pressure on my chest, swallowing in any capacity flat out hurts, etc.

After about 15 seconds of this I turn the system down as the DD9915s will be needing a cool down break and the drive through worker is pointing at me emphatically. Car that was in front the drives off. I assume dejectedly?

When I pull up the drive through worker was like "omg that was cool!!! You were wwaaaaay louder!!!"

That's one weird thing about 'yota, she was always loudest directly in front of the truck if you had the windows down.

That story was from a long time ago (16 or 17 years) and sadly my current truck is stock. I have more amps than I can shake a stick at these days because I'm a RN and can afford to buy amps and because I buy dead amps, rebuild them and resell the ones I don't want.

Just nabbed my second dead mtx 92001 and got it running....now to move on to the pair of Incriminator Audio 40.1s!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...