Hilarious SPL Stories post here!

Not really spl, but car audio related. Earlier this year I was in walmart ( my favorite place on earth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) picking up some fleece. To get to the fabric / craft section you have to walk through the automotive section. Every time I go in there, I have to check and see what's sitting on the clearance rack ( hey, you never know ). As I was walking down the aisle toward the head unit display, I noticed to guys of whom one looked very familiar. Didn't think much of it. Proceeded to the clearance rack to check things out. They had 4 rolls of 50' of 12 gauge speaker wire marked down to $4.00 a roll. So I grabbed all four of them. One of the guys looks over at me and says

Him - Hey man, you gonna put a system in your ride ?

Me - I'm in the process of it, and have allot more work to do still

him - man you need to talk to my boy over here yo. He can install any system in a day.

Me - Wow that's pretty good

Him - He's the best in the valley

Me - Really, can he do glass work as well ?

Him - my boy can do anything, he did his whole ride himself. It's out in the parking lot, you ought to check it out yo.

me - Alright let me pay for this, and I'll check it out.

him- cool yo, we'll be in the parking lot bumpin. You can't miss it

Me- Alright, I'll be just a second

So I go get my fleece head to the register and pay for everything. Then head outside. I heard them bumping away, and it didn't sound half bad actually. As I walked toward the car I was overcome with the feeling of deja-vu. I know I had seen this car somewhere. Just couldn't remember where.

Him- This is my boy Eric. He custom built all of this

Me- Nice to meet you Eric. Can I look ?

Eric - Yeah man, but be care full. I spent allot of time and money on everything.

me- I understand

I looked in the interior and noticed the kick panels first. They were nicely positioned and wrapped in carpet to match the interior. First thought was maybe the guy does have some skills. Interior looked nice.

him - yo man you gotta check out the trunk yo. That's where his skills really shine.

me- cool let's see

So Eric pops the trunk, and I must say I was very impressed. Everything was layed out nicely. All the glass work was painted to match the exterior. Then I noticed the Audio Express plaque on the enclosure.

Me- I thought you did this yourself

Eric - I did, I work at Audio express

Me- wow really

Eric - Yep, been there for a couple of years now.

Considering I owned 50% of this shop until a month or so ago, I found this kind of strange. Really strange considering I myself have done about 99.9% of the glass work that came out of the shop in the past 6 or 7 years. I etched my initials in one corner of the plaques of every one I installed So I proceeded to look closer

and low and behold there in the corner was my initials R.M. I started chuckling at this point

Eric - What's so funny ?

Me- Who's initials are on the plaque there ? It says RM ?

Eric - That's the guy that owns Audio express. I never see him much, all he does is make the money. I do all the work

Me - Oh yeah, what's this guys name ?

Eric - Ray, or Roy something, I never met him before.

Me - Seems like an a$$ hole to put his initials on your work

Eric - He is, but he owns the place. So what can I do ?

Me - Well guys, I gotta get home and work on my car some more.

Eric - here's my name and number. Give me a call if you need some help

Me- Alright, Here's my name and number as well. Maybe we can get together sometime and just shoot the chit sometime.

I gave him my name and the number for the shop. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ramos, you are the MAN! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok...heres an interesting one...

I have some friends that work in a shop by where I live that I usually stop and hang out at for a few days out of the week....in the shop they sell zapco's and treos mostly...and they have been giving treo a good reputation around the city...

well... a while back these two guys come walking in and start talking trash from the get go... "oh well my 2 10" alphasoniks destroy any other sub made, escept for the w7's of course" I sat there with my buddy who was the salesman at the time and just listened for a while... finally the lead idiot says that his 2 10" alphasoniks have 6" of excursion and how any pair of treo 10s would get killed by his system...

I talked with the guy for a while and finally he challenged my setup... my stuff was a pair of mtx 7500's pushed by a zapco that i have had for a while, nothing special but held me over until I got my real toys...anyways he goes outside and blares his stuff...sounds alright...

than he asks me how loud my setup was...i said it was 143 on the TL... I than proceeded to play the same song on my setup...

blew his crap out of the water...

but the stupidity got worse when he said that he could still destroy all treo's...

ok, well i told him to go hear my buddies setup with 2 10" ssi's in it with 1000w....

kid looked like he wanted to cry afterwards....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

last show I went to, Carlisle All Truck Nats. I was doing media coverage so I was taking pics of everyones vehicles. I missed some guy talking **** about my system. He stated to my friend and a few other people that I was doing my box all wrong and that I would be lucky to hit a 142. blah blah blah. Very upset I wasnt aroun to talk with him but o well. My box is set up for a DD driver and made that way for reasons (want to get out of SPL with that truck)

Anyway I pulled into the lanes later that day and got my self a 147.3 on the dash sealed up. When I steped out of my vehicle after parking it the guy was walking back to his vehicle. To be a wise ass as I passed by him I said, hmmm was that a 7 or a 2?

He didnt say n e thing, nor did he look at me for the rest of the show.

Word to the wise, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE PEOPLE!

C'mon guys... it's obvious... the "little guys" measure the size of their paynus by the size of their stereo-- the ones you must watch out for are the quiet guys with that twinkle in their eye and the little smirk in the corner of their mouth.

---can you make my hair stand on end?... hmmm big boy! LOL!!!!

I was called out by a stupid local about 7 years ago at a car audio comp. He told everyone he would whoop my arse period because I had 2 10" subs in my mr2 at the time... Well the mistake he made was he called me out a week before the show hahaha.

Anyways long story short during that week I built an enclosure for two aurasound 18" subs with around 1200rms going to each. Enclosure took up the whole passenger side of the car and the top sub magnet had about 1/4 clearance from the t-top. I showed up, he started talking smack. Rolled down the window and just smiled, His jaw hit the ground, all his buddies laughed at him and he left! Never saw the kid again at any shows hahaha.

I use to spend hours playing around with my audio stuff at my girlfriends parents place. One day some older laddy shows up, I suppose she was a friend of the familly.

I go inside to meet her, she was in her 40's and for some reason, since I like car audio, someone mentioned that she liked car audio to and had a system. She offered to show me how loud it could go. For some reason I thought I would get to see something cool.

So I get in her car, she sits down and has this really weird smile on and pumps up the volume. She basically cranks it up to the max and all I can here is snap crackle pop along with some other odd noises. Everything was beeing pushed way to far. I had never heard so much clipping. I didnt say much, she just looked at me and smiled and "grooved" to the beat. Then she showed me the trunk and it was some of those crappy pre-made boxes with pyramid or something like that. Maybe even a crappyer brand. It was horrible. I said nothing, just sort a smiled.

When I returned to the house, people asked me how I found it... I didnt have much to say heh. Talk about akward moments.

I dont think it would have soudned distortion free at regular listening levels.

I hate it when people try to show me how loud whatever stereo it is they have is by making me listen to distortion.... how can they not notice it sounding wrong...

had a local shop here "Audio Itch" the owner told me he has never installed anything in his whole entire life all he does is sell things...and said that its not a real amp unless its about $1 a watt like his 1000/1 JLs...wow...also told me that RE was an internet cult and his W7s would beat them anyday

So my girlfriend's best friend's brother is a dumbass. He's got a Blazer with a pair of 12" CVRs in a prefab ported box on a 1000 max volfenhag amp. This guy thought he was the ****. He thought there wasn't anythig louder out there. He was like "Yeah, my Volfenhag amp is GERMAN! I know it'll do well over a thousand watts. Next, I want to get a 2000 watt amp, but before I do, I have to get plexiglass rear windows, because my windows are limo tinted and they will break easily."

So I sat in his truck, and I was actually surprised at how loud it was. I mean, it wasn't amazing, but it was louder than I expected. So I sit him down in my truck and crank it up... he flinched when the bass hit lol. And that was when I still had a sealed box. Pussy.

At the time, I was running 3 10" CVRs sealed with a Lightning Audio X1.2000.1D.

Best Story of All Time IMHO.....lol
I went into Best Buy 3 weeks ago, I needed an adaptor for a radio I was hooking up because the normal shop I go to was out. I get the adaptor walk up the counter in the car audio department since there was no line and I was in a hurry. The guy says to me, "Cool Incriminator polo, you get that across town when you bought your gear?" just to save time I said, "Yep". While he's checking it out and bagging me up and I'm starting to get my credit card out, he says to me "That Incriminator **** is pretty bad ass, me and my brother are good friends with the owners Nick and Josh they hooked us up with the new Warden's early to let us test them out before they come out." I replied with "Sweet!!, I wish I had connections like that." He then said, "Your total is $12.84 and credit card its is!" Then without warning a look of horror came over his face as he noticed the name on the card....Nicholas Wright....I said, "Thanks man, let me know how them Wardens turn out I plan on getting a few" and then I walked out!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nick

this is hands donw one of the best stories!!

Me and a friend of mine pulled into a Sonic and we parked and put our order in. Then, a guy in an old Benz pulls up right next to us and tries to crank his ****. It was basically all treble and REALLY annoying.

We were in the car debating on whether or not to "blow him up" (that's what we call it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ). Finally, after getting so annoyed, I threw on Hypnotize and let my windows down. I let it play through the first tone and then drop to the lower tone. Halfway through, the Sonic lady comes up and says:

"Can you please not do that anymore, it makes the cameras turn off."

That blew my mind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...