If you are planning on buying some bookshelf speakers for under $150

I considered buying these but am also thinking about building Overnight Sensations....supposed to be dynamite for about $80 in parts....

I considered buying these but am also thinking about building Overnight Sensations....supposed to be dynamite for about $80 in parts....
Plus the personal satisfaction of building them yourself.

OK i just got some speaker stands because i have been running 2.1 in the dorm because i couldnt mount speakers behind me without stands. Well now i have them and i can run some crappy thangs, but i really want to grab a pair of these.

Does anyone know what these look like in the back or on the bottom? I need to see if i can use my stands for these speakers and i havent found any pictures of them from the back

I'm too lazy to upload them

Their solid on the bottom and have a small hook-type-deal on the upper portion of the back (dead center)

Hope that helps

Took the main speaker out and it was one of the small pieces of wood they put in the corners for bracing. While I was in there though I kinda poked around...didn't see any kind of crossover at all, just looked like both speakers were wired directly to the terminal?

A single electrolytic cap is the tweeter crossover and the woofer is run full range.
http://zaphaudio.com/Dayton-B652.html

might be worth saving your money if your concerned more about quality than value

I guess I can say that if they even make sound at all, they are a great value. For some customers, that is really all they need. However, I find it hard to put my stamp of approval on these speakers. Guys like me are obviously a bit more discerning about sound quality. Some people are looking for a diamond in the rough, and this system is not it.
For home theater, this system will be an improvement over a TV's built in speaker. Again, that's all some customers will need. Maybe add a subwoofer and cross higher to remove some of the problem boom.
Don't take any of this review and commentary as overly bad. This is a $25/pair system and everyone should set their expectations accordingly. It's certainly not bad for what it costs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.