Grand Prix owners, let me see you setup

captaincheesey
10+ year member

Change is Inevitable
Alright, like in the other thread that bombed horribly, I am doing another setup after this christmas in my grand prix. Two twelves firing into the cabin with the cabin sealed off from the trunk. I am accomplishing this with an 02 by replacing my seats with those from an 04+ model.

So anyone with a GP, let me see your setup you are running in the trunk, I R curious to see how people did theirs.

Individuals with my gen GP, if you used extra batteries, where are they, what size, what battery options do I have up front aside from the red top/yellow top/average commercial battery options. Did you make use of you spare tire well, and in what way?

i got some pics of my old set ups but it was nothing special. just three different set ups of two 2 12s ported firing back. and 1 15 firing up with port back. im planing on doing 2 12s facing forward sealed off in my 04 i bought couple months ago. and i plan on sticking 2 batts in the spare tire well.

Pics of your old setups if you wouldn't mind, and scores if you have them? Also, can extra batts fit in the spare tire well of the 97-03 gen? Since I don't know the difference in size and depth between that gen and the next when it comes to the spare tire well.

Plain and simple, I am trying to see how high of a score I can hit in this car at this point. I started out with an 8, all my friends liked it, moved to a 15 with a shitty box, I liked it, but the box was too small and I smelled coil all the time, plus not loud enough. I am aiming for anywhere between a 145 and a 150. I know it will take alot of work, but I think with the right box design i should be able to hit within that range off of a solid 3k, if not a tad more power.

i never got any numbers, like i said nothing special.and heres a pic of the spare tire well to give you an idea. looks like you could fit one maybe two depending on size. also if not tall enough you could always make a false floor and gain some height.

IMG00033.jpg

12-11-08397.jpg

jamilsphone061-1.jpg

061.jpg

@99GPGT Thanks for the pics man, I think I just found a new home for my 2400 when I do this, and that might either give me more box space, or room for another 2400 right where the trunk flares out at the back. How did you run your wire? I am planning on running at least 2, if not 3, runs of 1/0, power and ground. Remove all carpet and run under there through the center of the vehicle or run under the car? The metal runners? that are underneath the side molding are ****ed on my car, so if those were hollow to begin with, they are out of the question.

@rusty armadillo, pics will be awesome and just post them when they can. I am have been looking at the trunk thread on termpro and what ThorsHammer has been posting, he has a 04+ model with two LVL5 10s in it. I am doing two LVL4XL 12s, so I am hoping to be in the same realm of dB as him, except he is running a crapton more power, so I that will hurt me.

Ive got a 4.5 cube box in my trunk in my 99. Amp was on the back of the box, but is now on a nice gloss black amp rack to the left of the sub box.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580120/5

Nice, now I know the space is there, just a matter of getting the box built, ports done correctly and hitting those numbers. This is going to be a long and arduous build. I am ripping the carpet up and everything, probably gonna steam clean the carpet when I do it too so I can have it nice and clean before it goes back in.

i got some pics of my old set ups but it was nothing special. just three different set ups of two 2 12s ported firing back. and 1 15 firing up with port back. im planing on doing 2 12s facing forward sealed off in my 04 i bought couple months ago. and i plan on sticking 2 batts in the spare tire well.
Excellent idea:D

OP I got a GP just the wrong year to really help out.

Excellent idea:D
OP I got a GP just the wrong year to really help out.
Thor I PMed you on Termpro under the same name I think. Anyways, yeah I know it's an 04 which kinda ***** for me because the peak frequency of the vehicle and everything will be different. The only thing our cars will have in common when it is all said and done is the same seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

captaincheesey

10+ year member
Change is Inevitable
captaincheesey
Evansville, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date