Changed My Mind

TrUnK WaNgIn'
10+ year member

Pimp Of The Year
K i was planning on doing 4 AQ HDC3 18's for my next system, but i found a cheaper, and hopefully louder setup, im going to do 8 AQ SDC2.5 15's with 2 AQ 3500d's at .5ohms a piece, im going to have to recone three 12's that i already have to 15's and im going to buy 5 of them. hopefully sometime soon, when i get my next check and pay off what i owe on my denali;) So hopefully ill have a buildlog when i get the subs in and start building the box. Comments welcome:cool:

im no expert nor do i feel like checking the specs of the size of those batts and ur stock alt size but im gonna say those amps are probably running quite hot, or your starving them of power and getting a nice clipped signal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

umm, re-read what you wrote:rolleyes:
Re-read what? all i said was that i blew up my hdc3's from way too much power and that i was running my 3500's at .5 ohms apiece when my subs blew, whats ur point? the subs blew because we were bottoming them out and over excursioning and my box was way too big for that amount of power, hints at the reason for the multiple 8x sub setup coming soon:crazy:

im no expert nor do i feel like checking the specs of the size of those batts and ur stock alt size but im gonna say those amps are probably running quite hot, or your starving them of power and getting a nice clipped signal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
winner winner

the amps get barely warm to the touch, one aq3500 got hotter running at 1ohm than both of them do running at .5:thankyou:

wait stock h/u? what are you running for signal conversion?

line level converter? line driver ? clean sweep? 16-6ix? where are you getting that signal?

prob why they are not hot @ .5 ohm they are not getting clean signal just a theory

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TrUnK WaNgIn'

10+ year member
Pimp Of The Year
TrUnK WaNgIn'
Knoxville TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date