If you are planning on buying some bookshelf speakers for under $150

how much are you guys giving to these speakers/
Pretty sure you could put quite a bit to them.. any home receiver would be fine for the most part.. My receiver is rated 95 watts x5 ( 20hz - 20khz )

No It does make complete sense.. The enclosure , was the first thing that came to mind considering the tsi100s are ( i believe ) the same 5 1/4.. But yea the difference was pretty extreme.. Crossover points .. I dunno man, the T15 is all kinds of f@cked up the tweetes seemed to have 1 frequency 10khz and empty.. But enough about them, im sure a better cabinet would help , but it doesnt matter
How do those PE bookshelves sound? any comparisons? I have them in my cart right now, and am trying to find something else i want or need for $24 , in order to get free shipping ( otherwise its like $14 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif ) I need a new jasper jig but there not on sale and like $40... hmmm what can i find....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I don't know what to compare them to, only that they are very great value. I am not a huge fan of bookshelf speakers anyway, but they're the best value on the market, hands down. Get as many of them as you can while you can.

Pretty sure you could put quite a bit to them.. any home receiver would be fine for the most part.. My receiver is rated 95 watts x5 ( 20hz - 20khz )
Yeah...no it doesn't. Try maybe 25x5. Receivers are overrated like you cannot even believe.

I don't know what to compare them to, only that they are very great value. I am not a huge fan of bookshelf speakers anyway, but they're the best value on the market, hands down. Get as many of them as you can while you can.
NO biggie man, just wondering if YOU had some bookshelves to compare them to, cuz at this point ive heard almost everything from $55 - $2000.. This hobby is to expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Maybe Ill just order 2 sets then, might as well , itll take off shipping @ ( 14 bucks ) which brings my second pair down to $11 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PV im sooo gonna come to you when i start my Home theatre build!!!u care lol?
I'm all ears, but I'm far from the HT guru on this forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ordered a set of them myself, among alot of other things. That place is just too tempting to spend money.....

Hopefully their as good as you claim;)

Ordered a set of them myself, among alot of other things. That place is just too tempting to spend money.....
Hopefully their as good as you claim;)
very true.. Im still waiting till the last minute , hoping they drop the price on the jasper jig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

very true.. Im still waiting till the last minute , hoping they drop the price on the jasper jig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Haha yeah I was going to wait for the price on that jasper jig aswell but I went ahead and threw it into the mix. I saw people ordering ALOT of these speakers so I figured I better get mine while I can

Hoping to have them in by Friday:veryhapp:

Got my speakers today...they look nice. First one I pulled out had something rattling around it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Took the main speaker out and it was one of the small pieces of wood they put in the corners for bracing. While I was in there though I kinda poked around...didn't see any kind of crossover at all, just looked like both speakers were wired directly to the terminal?

Can some one recommend a good cheap 2.1/5.1 receiver for these?
x2...PV? lol

Decent? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=250-503

Got my speakers in today.

Reciever doesn't get here until next wednesday even though I ordered it a week ago:verymad: It should be a nice little setup though. I'll be sure to post up my expert opinion on these bad boys

Got my speakers in today.
Reciever doesn't get here until next wednesday even though I ordered it a week ago:verymad: It should be a nice little setup though. I'll be sure to post up my expert opinion on these bad boys
What Receiver did you get?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.