If you are planning on buying some bookshelf speakers for under $150

PV Audio
5,000+ posts

The Vision of Sound
Indy
Then don't, and buy these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-652

Trust me, do it. They're $25 dollars which is less than a fraction of what I would spend on a single crossover in one of my DIY speakers and they are just outstanding. We're not talking world class sound quality obviously, but they are exceptionally good. Trust me on this one: if you want a good set of bookshelf speakers, these are the best out there for the money.

Cool, I honestly could use some in my bedroom at the moment, but didnt want to invest too much since the holidays tapped me pretty dry. Very nice find.

Trust me on this as one of the only home audio forum regulars: these will blow your mind. For the price of a box of light bulbs and a wiperblade, you have monitors that rival things 5x their price. If you know me, then you know I'm a huge critic so you should believe everything that I say ESPECIALLY since I almost always tell people to go DIY. Don't, because for the money you can't get close by DIYing.

Nice this is just the thread I was looking for. I need some speakers for my setup in my room and I may end up just getting these now.
How would these compare to something like this

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-680

^Thats what I was planning on getting to hold me over until I'm ready to invest in some quality speakers. Thoughts on which choice would be better?
Well that's a home theatre speaker set, and what I posted were just hi-fi speakers so you really can't compare the two.

God, these speakers sound beautiful. I'm going to crack them open tomorrow to see what sort of x-over they've got. They just shouldn't sound this good for this little money.

Well that's a home theatre speaker set, and what I posted were just hi-fi speakers so you really can't compare the two.
I know the main difference between the two, I'm just wondering if I could use these in place of that other set as my HT speakers as a better option

trust him on this guys i have used those in dozens of HT builds they are quite amazing even as surrounds.
Like this guy^

eh screw it, why not. Grabbed 2 pair, plus some cheap 6ft ethernet cables (only 75 cents each!), 100ft of 18 gauge speaker wire for less than 10 bucks, and a usb cable...lol

I love Parts Express //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.