shredder2

FI Bl-18v3d2/AAK-4000.1d... lovin' the output

I made some changes to my setup, upped power and stiffened the electrical a little bit. I'm seeing a nice gain overall, the enclosure had to be resized (box surgery -1.3ft3... 7.6ft3 net now) and now I'm able to put my new power to use. The amp does well...  the amp remote has some nice functions... clip light, voltage and temp and makes seemingly good power... :wow:

lpwr1Fg.jpg

The amp is mounted the same way as shown but I added some vibration isolation for insurance, all the amp mounting holes are over braced areas so even tho it's a single ply mdf box... It's doing well.

Maybe I'll get the chance to meter it soon, the enclosure is tuned around 40hz now and seems to do very well SPL-wise in my cabin around 44hz.

The other night I was showing it to someone and forgot to close the hatch glass... big mistake!.. I had a heart attack hearing that sound. Thankfully I just closed the glass and it was good to go, it's at least 145db... "ahem... cough, cough"... that's as far as I will predict as that meter seems to hate me. I've gotten some opinions, and I'll just digress now... we'll see.

Just put the baby Northstar in there today... it sure took awhile to as I had to fab some stuff and it's getting warm here in Phx... but it's done. I still have to see how much the lil' battery helps voltage as It ran late.

It's not a world beater, but I am happy for now.

Edited by shredder2

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

This is in your Trailblazer?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

11 minutes ago, Boomin_tahoe said:

This is in your Trailblazer?

I had some bad luck with the Blazer, rear-end collision then seized the mains a month later... RIP

3fFKAua.jpg

Picked this up for $700 if you can believe it... 2002 Honda Passport, A/C and everything.

JVC KD-X350BTS, FI Bl-18v3d2, Deaf Bonce AAK 4000.1, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ250A Ces

700?! Dam what a deal

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Had the Honda for awhile now, it's a tin can for sure.

I thought it was louder than it was from the wiper bounce but now it's doing a ton better than the lower powered systems I had in it previously.

The Fi Bl was worth the wait imho.

I'm extremely pleased at the current output.

Is that a Honda/Isuzu? I can't remember the exact model but honda and Isuzu shared a vehicle back in the day. Think it was the passport Honda's first SUV. Think it's rebadged trooper iirr. Either way I've always had good luck with honda products from motorcycles to their cars. Most reliable vehicles I've ever owned anyway 

Figured you'd like that 18. I'd like to have 1 to play with. Haven't had an 18 yet. 

Lol doesn't look like you have room for a can of soda back there let alone a sack of groceries no wonder amplifier is mounted on the box. 

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.5 @ 30hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Isuzu Rodeo.Partnership ended and Honda made the Pilot. 

Pioneer DEH-S6120BS head unit, Alpine R-S65C.2 comps, RF P300.2 amp, SSA Demon 12" subwoofer, vented box 3.28ft^3 @ 41.12hz, JBL GTR-1001 amp, Knukonceptz fuse blocks/wiring, Stinger 4k series rca's. 

Oh rodeo. Yeah I've gotta pilot sort of. Hmm rodeo reminds me of other bad car names.. at least it's not the Honda rodeo. 

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.5 @ 30hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

25 minutes ago, 2RZ-FE said:

Isuzu Rodeo.Partnership ended and Honda made the Pilot. 

Yep.... when the plastic cover on the factory key came off the key is stamped Isuzu underneath 

oh how I miss Palm trees. And what a basshead state AZ is. I suppose because a lot of the OG old school brands were Headquartered there.

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

8 minutes ago, MattinMO said:

oh how I miss Palm trees. And what a basshead state Az is.

Bet the local traffic ain't missed much, I'm in the east mesa/aj area so I've got some distance to contend with anytime I head out on the road.

The 60... yuck

I-10 west under construction... yuck

I-17... no comment 

Too many to list and anywhere during the day anymore really.

Jeez this city is getting big... idk how far phx metro is east-west but 50mi is probably close... maybe more

Love seeing those serious builds when I get out tho... some crazy ones for sure

27 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Bet the local traffic ain't missed much, I'm in the east mesa/aj area so I've got some distance to contend with anytime I head out on the road.

Most absurd congested traffic ever, just to show how overpopulated its becoming we sold our house almost 1 year to the day of ownership for $24k more then we bought it for with little to no improvements

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

I just ran a few errands and had a chance to test a few things. With that little Northstar it's hard to get voltage to go under 13V even trying on music, that said... setup to burp and with a 0db 44hz tone... I find it dropping to just under resting voltage and that's where I can hear the sub hitting it's limit in this enclosure. It's definitely putting out at that point and Idk how much more I can expect from this thing at the level I'm currently getting (after a point it really opens up). I'll meter it and see where it's at, then decide if I want to shrink the volume a tad... but the results at this point will probably tide me over for a bit. That Bl is a beast atm... not a record setter by any means but I'm grinnin'

HkpmnyJ.jpg

:toast:.... :wow:

Post a video...

Pioneer DEH-S6120BS head unit, Alpine R-S65C.2 comps, RF P300.2 amp, SSA Demon 12" subwoofer, vented box 3.28ft^3 @ 41.12hz, JBL GTR-1001 amp, Knukonceptz fuse blocks/wiring, Stinger 4k series rca's. 

2 minutes ago, 2RZ-FE said:

Post a video...

Once I meter the thing I'll post a pic of my number and probably do a new vid... this vid was when the amp just got installed, single starting Agm with the 250A alt only and the sub was in in 9.04ft3 net. I could not really open it up... now it's a completely different animal with the enclosure volume change and stronger electrical. Jeezus... the thing does fine by me now... at least for a bit... 🤣

5 hours ago, MattinMO said:

oh how I miss Palm trees. And what a basshead state AZ is. I suppose because a lot of the OG old school brands were Headquartered there.

Were? Still are.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

17 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

Looks great! I bet there's a 150+ in there.

Maybe even sealed?.. who knows?

I've been shot down in flames by that T/L before... we'll see

My AC just starting popping fuses... arghh!

In Phx that's one thing I'll have to fix... the costs never stop... :suicide:

Hey @shredder2

What batteries are you running with that AAK 4000.1D? I'm looking to run the exact same amp on a Fi SP4v2+ 15"

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now