Sign in to follow this  
youdoofus

PRV amps

i never see anyone running them anymore and didnt hear great things when i did see them being used. are they that bad?

https://prvaudio.com/products/amplifiers/

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

We carried them for a little while.  The failure rate was higher then I was comfortable with.  Just not quite built to American abuse tolerance levels yet.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

1 hour ago, denim said:

We carried them for a little while.  The failure rate was higher then I was comfortable with.  Just not quite built to American abuse tolerance levels yet.

word. thanks man. Its funny because on their site the amps look tiny because theyre square-ish, but after seeing pics of them in actual cars, theyre friggin huge!!!

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

I did a large build with 8 of their Brazilian line amps and liked them but still prefer Taramps. I wouldn't buy PRVs new ones though.

Edited by Popwarhomie

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, Popwarhomie said:

I wouldn't buy PRVs new ones though.

did they outsource the mfg of them? or just slacked off QC?

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

1 hour ago, youdoofus said:

just slacked off QC?

Implying Brazilian amps ever had decent QC or reliability.  You're buying at 5 cents a watt for a reason.

8 minutes ago, hispls said:

Implying Brazilian amps ever had decent QC or reliability.  You're buying at 5 cents a watt for a reason.

LOL!!! i know they were a complete gamble to begin with, but i thought they were getting better. Guess not?

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

On 1/7/2019 at 11:18 AM, youdoofus said:

i thought they were getting better.

Why?  Are they getting more expensive?   No such thing as a free lunch.

Taramps is getting better, specifically the Bass and MD lines.

I've had a Bass 12k at .5/.35dcr for a few months now and it's no problem at all for it. 

I have a HD15k sitting next to me that was run at .5 for a year with no problems. Once @hispls is back up north I'm going to try and change his view on the newer models. 

Edited by wew lad

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

14 minutes ago, hispls said:

Why?  Are they getting more expensive?   No such thing as a free lunch.

a bit, yes

8 minutes ago, wew lad said:

Taramps is getting better, specifically the Bass and MD lines.

I've had a Bass 12k at .5/.35dcr for a few months now and it's no problem at all for it. 

I have a HD15k sitting next to me that was run at .5 for a year with no problems. Once @hispls is back up north I'm going to try and change his view on the newer models. 

where up north? im in sodak

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

3 hours ago, youdoofus said:

a bit, yes

where up north? im in sodak

I'm in northern Mass and he's in Maine. 

I'm not sure where sodak is, this is my first time living up here

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

14 hours ago, wew lad said:

I'm in northern Mass and he's in Maine. 

I'm not sure where sodak is, this is my first time living up here

sodak = south dakota

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this