Static sound when volume is at 0

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bradk81

CarAudio.com Newbie
First of all I apologize for the long winded question, but I feel some explanation is necessary.  I have a 2018 Gmc sierra non Bose truck.  I replaced the door speakers with JL C2 6x9 in the front and 6.5 C2s in the rear powered by the JL xd700/5v2 (I will be adding a sub in the near future).  I am also using a JL fix86 to bring the signal, and correct it, from the factory radio to the amp.  As I'm sure a lot of you might realize the door chimes (which come from the front right channel of the factory radio) are now damn near making my ears bleed being the signal is now amplified.  Anyways, I decided to take only the rear signal from the radio and split it to the front and rear input of the fix86 and will be running the 2 front dash speaker directly off the radio (for the hands free calling) to take the chimes volume down a few notches and now I have a moderate hissing or static sound while volume is at 0.  I can turn the gains down to eliminate it but, I feel something is wrong.  I tried recalibrating the fix86 with no luck.  any ideas on what may be causing the static or hissing sound?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.