Static sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrockJJJ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hello, I have a 2006 Silverado 2500 HD Extended cab. I have after market speakers (front and tweeters are very good JL Audio speakers and the rear are some nice Rockford Fosgates). The speakers were installed very well by a professional (including them running new speaker wire from all the speakers to the head unit).

I hear static/scratchy feedback that increases in how loud the scratchy noise is in correlation to the volume of the music playing (ex. if the volume on the head unit reads a low number such as 1-5 the static is very quite and as you turn it up the static increases in how load it is so if the head unit volume shows 25 the static is very loud).

Getting the new speakers were actually largely because this some thing was happening with the factory speakers so I though this would fix it. Well it didn't and that static noise is driving me insane. What would get rid of that static sound? Is it the head unit that I need to replace?

Any ideas would be absolutely awesome, thanks!

Sounds like HU, but I'd try hooking up the speakers to a different source as a troubleshooting step. The professional installer who charged for the install really should have checked this before letting you pick up the vehicle. Unfortunately, I'd say their work may be suspect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...