dudeogo

Does anyone know anything about building chucheros or PA boxes?

I'm wanting to build a couple PA cabinets for outdoor parties. I know nearly nothing about the design of midrange enclosures though. Anyone want to lend a hand?

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

8 cube box for 4 12s tuned to 35hz designed by CSCStang

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

I read it twice... took a month the 1st time and 2 weeks the second time. My head STILL hurts.

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

19 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

I read it twice... took a month the 1st time and 2 weeks the second time. My head STILL hurts.

I think I've read it 3x now and my head still hurts lol

giphy.gif

The internet is full of information these days and you should be able to find all kinds of good information on line. It will also depend on what drivers you will be using as well for the enclosure/enclosures you will be building,ect.You may have to do some research on your own.

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

More info?

You looking for a portable battery powered setup or just a movable speaker box with horn drivers and mids?  

PRV sells a nice one for $350 with two 10" mid ranges and a 290 horn driver.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Hey guys I'm sorry I didn't get back on the post I didn't have good internet access for my laptop over the weekend.

Im going to be using PA amps mostly inside at parties and sometimes running off some full range amps (taramps) and sitting next to my car. I really was thinking 2 boxes each with 4 12s and either horns or super tweets I don't know much in that department. Just want something crazy loud that will wake the neighborhood! I would be asking this at the home theater forums but I feel like when those guys post anything I don't get anything from it. Y'all have always been helpful and easy to understand. 

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

14 hours ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

+1

I'll pick up a copy. But regardless even if I can absorb all the information in the text (I may be an engineering student but some of that stuff is pretty deep) my first few attempts at design would more than likely crash and burn. I was more wanting to hire someone to design these boxes for me and I can learn from that and this text I'll put on order.

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

They dont need as much port area with minimal displacement capabilities, You tune 45s to 60hz for 10s or 12" midranges usually depending on your driver TS parameters. Learn WinISD or bass box pro. 

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

19 hours ago, Jeffdachef said:

They dont need as much port area with minimal displacement capabilities, You tune 45s to 60hz for 10s or 12" midranges usually depending on your driver TS parameters. Learn WinISD or bass box pro. 

alright winISD is coming off the shelf. its been a while. lol

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now