Does anyone know anything about building chucheros or PA boxes?

Participant count
  • Participants list
The internet is full of information these days and you should be able to find all kinds of good information on line. It will also depend on what drivers you will be using as well for the enclosure/enclosures you will be building,ect.You may have to do some research on your own.

More info?

You looking for a portable battery powered setup or just a movable speaker box with horn drivers and mids?  

PRV sells a nice one for $350 with two 10" mid ranges and a 290 horn driver.

Hey guys I'm sorry I didn't get back on the post I didn't have good internet access for my laptop over the weekend.

Im going to be using PA amps mostly inside at parties and sometimes running off some full range amps (taramps) and sitting next to my car. I really was thinking 2 boxes each with 4 12s and either horns or super tweets I don't know much in that department. Just want something crazy loud that will wake the neighborhood! I would be asking this at the home theater forums but I feel like when those guys post anything I don't get anything from it. Y'all have always been helpful and easy to understand. 

I'll pick up a copy. But regardless even if I can absorb all the information in the text (I may be an engineering student but some of that stuff is pretty deep) my first few attempts at design would more than likely crash and burn. I was more wanting to hire someone to design these boxes for me and I can learn from that and this text I'll put on order.

They dont need as much port area with minimal displacement capabilities, You tune 45s to 60hz for 10s or 12" midranges usually depending on your driver TS parameters. Learn WinISD or bass box pro. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.