Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

luvdabass

I am running a kicker 2500.1 on a custom built Fi btl 18 in a box built to Fi specs. I have a xs power 3100 as my second battery. When I first hooked everything up my amp gain was maybe 1/4 of the way up and it sounded great. Now it's like the amp is losing power I had to turn the gain up more just to get it to sound like it did when I first hooked it up and truthfully the power still isn't there like it was at first... What could it be.

I am running a kicker 2500.1 on a custom built Fi btl 18 in a box built to Fi specs. I have a xs power 3100 as my second battery. When I first hooked everything up my amp gain was maybe 1/4 of the way up and it sounded great. Now it's like the amp is losing power I had to turn the gain up more just to get it to sound like it did when I first hooked it up and truthfully the power still isn't there like it was at first... What could it be.
Do you have a voltage meter? If so, is the voltage the same as its always been?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For sure check the voltage as your first step. Here is just what came to mind when reading about your issue, maybe just a couple things to check. Are your RCAs plugged in all the way? I had an RCA come loose at the HU one time and had a similar issue to what you're describing. Have you popped the sub out of the enclosure to give it a good once over? My second thought was that maybe you had a wire come loose on a terminal and only 1 VC is seeing power.

How old is that battery? Did you do the Big 3 or upgrade your alternator with the Big 3?Running Stock Alternator?Stock battery under the hood?How old is that battery? You should check both batteries individually for voltage, not together. One bad battery can be the culprit and damage cell banks in a good battery.

How clean are your supply connections as well? I change my supply fuses yearly and make clean connections, as road debris and water, dirt/ect. creates corrosion over a period of time as well.I had a Fuse that was less than 1 year old and started to become brittle and making a bad connection. Maintaining your systems needs are no different than maintaining your vehicles needs to operate properly. Doest hurt to check your power supply connections ect. while checking your oil level once a week or when you put gas in the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.