Audio Control LC2i problems, burning up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Ok so I'm running an Lc2i, had it running my sub amp for about 3 weeks now no problems at all. So today I finished putting my components in, turned radio on & everything was fine, sounded good, about 3 mins later my components cut out so I went to check amp, still powered on, but I can smell that burning smell that after 17 yrs in car audio u have a nose for. After few secs realize it's my lc2i. Put stock speakers back in, let it rip for a few mins, no problems, no more burning smell. So obviously problem is with the new setup.

But what could it be? The list of ideas I have on no particular order are

#1 I have 2 remote wires coming out of the lc2i going to both the amps, is that not how I should have them setup?

#2 I have the lc2i tapped into the front speakers right behind the HU, with the comps in I ran new wire, bypassed stock wire, just have stock front speakers unhooked. I thought that wouldn't matter since it's getting signal from HU before the speakers, but maybe I'm wrong?

#3 My non Bose Silverado has 3" dash speakers which tie into door speakers @ kick panel and go to HU as 1 set of speaker inputs. I've heard that if you unhook door speakers you need to unhook dash speakers b/c by themselves the dash speakers send the HU an ohm load it supposedly doesn't like. I'm not sure how true this is, but any case, I did not have the dash speakers unhooked, they were playing with no problem, but if true could that have caused my issue?

I wont have time again till next week to have another go at things, but I don't really want to run the risk of blowing my lc2i and losing my sub output for the time being, so I'd like to have some what an idea of the possible problem. Thanks a lot.

BTW components are CDT 6.5 Classics (2004 version, brand new, been in my closet for past 14 yrs in box) & comp amp is a hifonics warrior hawk 2 channel, bought in 04 too and never hooked up.

is all the settings correct on it? Im running 2 out of mine to 2 amps as well with no issues( other than me frying other **** being stupid) lol
Yea my settings/wiring are all good, double/triple checked, then checked again, just doesn't make any sense bc it's now been 5 days since it happened & I've been just using it to run the sub amp and it's fine, no issues what so ever. Makes me think there's something wrong w/ the amp or something, but it didnt go into protection at all so I'm just stumped.

I'll be able to work on it again Sat, so hopefully I can get some answers or at least rule some things out... I have a new set of speakers and a new amp that should be delivered tomorrow too so I can also swap out the amps n see if it's an amp issue... so hopefully by Sat night I have an answer n I hope that answer isn't a bad LC2i or a bad amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.