Toyota camry 2009 speaker upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Acide24

Georgia
I have a 2009 toyota camry, and to put it bluntly, the stock speakers ****. I have the stock head unit and I'm looking to upgrade all my speakers, dash board speaker, front speakers and rear. My budget is around $200-250. I've researched and quite frankly I'm overwhelmed by the number of options. So, I would like your guys's opinion on what would be the best bang for my buck in my price range. The main thing that I'm looking for is a nice, deep bass. Obviously I would like the mids and highs to be clear as well. A couple questions I have. Do I need to upgrade my head unit to provide more power to the speakers? Or can I use an amp to provide that power? Also, would it be a good idea to go different brands for the rear and front or would you typically keep all the speakers the same? The brands I was looking at are Rockford, JBL, Polk, and Pioneer. Any help is appreciated

new hu with xover would help.. u get more bass if u replace front speakers, get small amp (jbl is $99 tested 800rms) and even a sub in a small sealed box to start with., that will sound much better than just new speakers.. after market speakers aren't really full range they are a midrange and a tweeter so all real bass just distorts them thats y hp xover on hu helps..

u can get this 4 channel amp our guy big blank just tested $128 power front speakers with channel 1-2 and bridge 3/4 to a sub and run rears of hu if u must (many of us don't use rear speakers)

Not really knowledgeable on car audio stuff, so most of that didn't make much sense. What I got from it is that I need a head unit with crossover, which seems to be something that you can plug in an input into and have it output into different frequencies. I'm assuming this is built into the head unit? There are many types of crossovers, does it matter the type in my scenario? Also, for the amp, will any reputable brand with 4 channels suffice? Is it basically a channel per speaker, and 2 channels for the sub? Also, why wouldn't you use rear speakers? Is it because it would interfere with the bass that the sub creates? If I don't use rear speakers, does that mean I will only hear bass in the back of the car and none of the vocals? What would you suggest for speakers in general, as well as subs? I used to have a Honda Accord 2004, and to be honest, the stock was fine for me. If it was a little better (deeper bass), cleaner mids and highs, I would be satisfied. I did have a Sony head unit and messed with the EQ a bit. Taking this into account, would I be better off just replacing my speakers, new head unit, and getting an amp, but no sub? Or should I just replace my speakers, get a new head unit, amp, and small sub? Also, what is hp crossover? Is this high pass? If so, would it just be built into the head unit?

high pass (hp) xover on a hu blocks freqs to low for small speakers to play (it's adjustable so u can set it at 70hz if speaker still distorts turn it 80-120hz) so they play clean, no distortion (hu like that also has pretty good adjustable eq on it) but then u have no bass which is what a sub is for.. if u get a 4 channel amp u can hook that to factory hu with a line output connector (loc) with amp u can power 2 or 4 speakers on 2 channels (and the amp has a hp xover built in) then bridge other 2 channels to a sub and use th bulit in low pass xover for the sub... u are just directing freqs to speaker that can play them best.. my kenwood x301 hu was $119 theres a jvc which is very simlar (made by same company) it 's like $89 was even on sale $59 at bb few weeks ago but maybe better to get at walmart or crutchfield if they have a sale.. if u get hu make sure it has xovers and 9-13 eq settings and a 24da convertor much cleaner/louder and they'll have 4v preamp outputs., so if u add amp u will be able to plug rcas to the hu and won't need a loc.. just post link to anything before u buy it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.