Wiring Harness 2005 Silverado

NeighborMike

Hello everyone

ok so, I recently got another work truck and im trying to switch over the deck from my previous work truck.

Before, i had asked someone to do it for me, this time im trying to do it myself

My question is which wiring harness do I need? When I changed the deck on my ford, the dude who installed it for me just sent me some links to stuff on ebay. But I know that the harness i got was very cheap, ;like $11 or something.

Because of the holiday ive been trying to find one locally because im impatient, everyplace ive gone is basically telling me that unless i spend $70, a bunch of the lights and sounds wont work if I go with the cheap $20 option. I know that everything worked correctly when I changed out the deck on the ford with the cheap adapter I got off ebay

So do I need a specific one for a 2005 Silverado? Or can I get any cheap one off ebay again?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyoneok so, I recently got another work truck and im trying to switch over the deck from my previous work truck.

Before, i had asked someone to do it for me, this time im trying to do it myself

My question is which wiring harness do I need? When I changed the deck on my ford, the dude who installed it for me just sent me some links to stuff on ebay. But I know that the harness i got was very cheap, ;like $11 or something.

Because of the holiday ive been trying to find one locally because im impatient, everyplace ive gone is basically telling me that unless i spend $70, a bunch of the lights and sounds wont work if I go with the cheap $20 option. I know that everything worked correctly when I changed out the deck on the ford with the cheap adapter I got off ebay

So do I need a specific one for a 2005 Silverado? Or can I get any cheap one off ebay again?

Thanks in advance
most likely you'll need a metra factory integration harness. you also need to check if it has the bose system, and the factory amplifier.

just have a trusted local shop do it, honestly

even bestbuy

most likely you'll need a metra factory integration harness. you also need to check if it has the bose system, and the factory amplifier.
just have a trusted local shop do it, honestly

even bestbuy
**** that, you're an absolute failure in life if you have to go to best buy to have someone wire up a harness. Its seriously like 12 wires. You don't even have to solder them, just use some **** wire nuts. Takes like 10 minutes.

Get it on amazon from metra and do it yourself

**** that, you're an absolute failure in life if you have to go to best buy to have someone wire up a harness. Its seriously like 12 wires. You don't even have to solder them, just use some **** wire nuts. Takes like 10 minutes.
Get it on amazon from metra and do it yourself
I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said he should have someone do it. You're like the new papermaker. More concerned about making yourself look smart than actually helping.

Not sure why you bothered coming back, just a waste.

I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said he should have someone do it. You're like the new papermaker. More concerned about making yourself look smart than actually helping.
Not sure why you bothered coming back, just a waste.
Says the guy telling the other guy to go to ******* BEST BUY to have them wire up a harness. Thats literally the most outrageous thing I've read in the past 5 minutes

Will something like this work?

2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Wire Harness for Factory Radio Re-Install

I bought a single din adapter and the wireharness off ebay the first time keep in mind, but someone find the stuff for me I just bought it.

The adapter the first time was $11

So im trying to figure out why its so expensive now? When i go into the audio store they say the cheapest one will make it so most of the alerts and lights do not work in the truck

Also i dont have on-star or controls in the steering wheel. Its just a basic truck for work im trying to improve cause i like music.

But again, i was told over the phone and in store, that if i buy the cheapest one things wont work. Which again is my confusion, cause the one for the other truck was very cheap and everything worked fine

Says the guy telling the other guy to go to ******* BEST BUY to have them wire up a harness. Thats literally the most outrageous thing I've read in the past 5 minutes
They have the wiring harness and metra kit in stock, I bet they've done more than you've ever even looked at so keep talking ****. You look like a crying baby

Will something like this work?
2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Wire Harness for Factory Radio Re-Install

I bought a single din adapter and the wireharness off ebay the first time keep in mind, but someone find the stuff for me I just bought it.

The adapter the first time was $11

So im trying to figure out why its so expensive now? When i go into the audio store they say the cheapest one will make it so most of the alerts and lights do not work in the truck
That's for using the factory radio. Pull out the factory radio and look and see what it looks like. You need the metra module to retain chime and RAP from what I can remember. As audiobaun said most have a factory amplifier so that needs to be disabled and removed (if you want) otherwise it will give you issues moving forward.

These are all the possible parts

Results for: 2005 > Chevrolet > Silverado 1500 > Base > 4-door > Extended Cab Pickup | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online

I would restart the search though and put in your vehicle specific options

Here's the amplifier bypass if you have it. You need to do some legwork yourself and figure out what your vehicle has. I can't guess

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-2054

You might just need something basic like this:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/GMRC-01

The factory amp has a bypass that is about $20 that you will need to make it work with an aftermarket head unit. The $70 harness for the bells and whistles, is so you can have the door chimes and warnings come through your sound system... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

The $20 or $12 bypass is different than the standard, factory, head unit harness you will need to install.

The factory amp has a bypass that is about $20 that you will need to make it work with an aftermarket head unit. The $70 harness for the bells and whistles, is so you can have the door chimes and warnings come through your sound system... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gifThe $20 or $12 bypass is different than the standard, factory, head unit harness you will need to install.
Ok, can you provide me a link to what it is that I would need

I already have the din and the deck from the old truck, just need the wiring harness to put it in the new truck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.