Sundown SAE-2000D wiring help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

hellastock_rsx

So I just got a sundown sae-2000D and even though its a mono block it has two sets of speaker wire terminals. And I know that they are still on the same channel but just split.

My question though is I want to wire two 4ohm DVC subs to 1ohm and I was wondering should I use the positive terminal on one set and the negative on the other set or if I can just put the positive and negative wire on the same set of terminals or if it even matters being that they are on the sale channel. Thanks for any help.

We all have to start somewhere. If you're asking questions like this, you should have someone with knowledge to install the amp to keep from blowing it. Go to youtube and get visuals so you can SEE what it looks like.

We all have to start somewhere. If you're asking questions like this, you should have someone with knowledge to install the amp to keep from blowing it. Go to youtube and get visuals so you can SEE what it looks like.
I know how to wire them up and all that but I just wasn't sure if it mattered or not. I figured they're both on the same channel so it shouldn't but I just wanted to double check.

So it doesn't matter weither I run both + and - from the same set or not? As long as they're all parallel.
right. as long as the load is 1 ohm at the amp, then youre good. The worst thing that can happen (not counting shorting the +'s and -'s) would be a higher load at the amp resulting in less power. wire each sub down to 2and run the +'s to the +'s and the -'s to the -'s and youll be set. There are other ways of doing this with less wire, but youll be fine doing this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.