Oops!!

Nope. When wiring different ohm speakers together electricity will always follow the path of least resistance and one sub will see more power than the other unfortanantly. Probably not what you wanted to here but a honest answer.

You could wire the dvc 4 to 8 ohms and then parallel the connections for a 4 ohm load at the amp. In theory it should be ok.... Testing it is your only way to know for sure but that practice is frowned upon by most people on the forum. Might as well try with what ya got. Sell off as need be

Nope. When wiring different ohm speakers together electricity will always follow the path of least resistance and one sub will see more power than the other unfortanantly. Probably not what you wanted to here but a honest answer.
a series wired dvc 4 ohm speaker wouldn't have less resistance than a single 8 ohm speaker.

You could wire the dvc 4 to 8 ohms and then parallel the connections for a 4 ohm load at the amp. In theory it should be ok.... Testing it is your only way to know for sure but that practice is frowned upon by most people on the forum. Might as well try with what ya got. Sell off as need be

No don’t do that

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

a series wired dvc 4 ohm speaker wouldn't have less resistance than a single 8 ohm speaker.

Don’t mix match ohms.

No don’t do that 

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Don’t mix match ohms.
almost all coils have slightly different resistance are you saying no speakers should ever be wired together?

Your a moron //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
explain the difference between a 8 ohm resistor vs 2 4 ohm resistors in series. Or better yet get your installer to sign in and explain it.

explain the difference between a 8 ohm resistor vs 2 4 ohm resistors in series. Or better yet get your installer to sign in and explain it.
U don’t mix match different ohm voice coils. Not sure what the problem here is other then u being a complete douche. The question is can he mix a single 8ohm and d4 ohm woofer. Sure you can and it will make some noise but no it won’t work right. If u don’t understand I’m sorry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif car audio isn’t for everyone. Maybe it’s time u go find a new hobby. Jacknuts like you are the reason I stopped coming around the forums. It’s sad what the car audio community has become. Used to be a bunch of cool guys. Now not so much.

Resistors are resistors. A loudspeaker is NOT a resistor, it is pic related:

PU0sE.gif

So I have an issue with my speaker set up and was hoping for some advice. I just bought a 15" kicker subwoofer 8olm and a kicker subwoofer 4ohm duel voice coil 15". Can I run them both off the same amp?
Instead of going thru all this hassle/trouble, just return it if you can. Or sell it and just buy another with the right impedance. Or run a single 15.

This should work just fine for you

This should work just fine for you
i was gonna say the same thing. Other than the coils having far different efficiency ratings, the impedance levels being 8 ohms each, they should be ok to run together. Will it be ideal? No, but itll work. You would be best off selling what you got and buying some matching subs, but in a money pinch situation, this should work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jbarrain

Jbarrain
Homer, ak
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus