youdoofus

rearview mirror mount

so, the base of my rearview has been jostling around in its mount connected to the base at the windshield for some time now and had been considering doing something about it, but this morning the entire mount came off with some glass attached to it. The windshield hasnt cracked yet, but i imagine the crucial word there is "yet". Should i just let it crack and replace it when i can? Or is there hope if a place like safelite was to epoxy that bit back into place?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

so, the base of my rearview has been jostling around in its mount connected to the base at the windshield for some time now and had been considering doing something about it, but this morning the entire mount came off with some glass attached to it. The windshield hasnt cracked yet, but i imagine the crucial word there is "yet". Should i just let it crack and replace it when i can? Or is there hope if a place like safelite was to epoxy that bit back into place?

the have windsheild repair stuff but since thats in a place u won't be looking out i'd just put epoxy on glass and a drop on back of mount and push on it 5 mins..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

the have windsheild repair stuff but since thats in a place u won't be looking out i'd just put epoxy on glass and a drop on back of mount and push on it 5 mins..

k. well, i filed an electronic claim to my car insurance, we'll see what they say LOL

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

k. well, i filed an electronic claim to my car insurance, we'll see what they say LOL

don't mention stereo.. they may send window repair guy to do what i just said..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

never ever attach it again, learn to drive without it or do a monitor and rear view camera. That sh*t will just fall down and break over and over again. Just say good bye to the mirror.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

don't mention stereo.. they may send window repair guy to do what i just said..

yeah, mum was the word on why it happened and ill def not say that the stereo was at all involved

never ever attach it again, learn to drive without it or do a monitor and rear view camera. That sh*t will just fall down and break over and over again. Just say good bye to the mirror.

that was the response i was fearing. its been a flippin mess for the last couple of years. I definitely want the glass repaired at the very least because its paper thin when it broke off right meow

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now