Guys with reg cab trucks!

cropp

I have a 2013 Toyota Tocoma reg cab. And my shallow 12" kicker has blown out. Time to replace. What kind of setup do you guys with reg cabs do for a sub with the limited space? I had a since shallow box behind the passenger seat. Is there other options, before I buy another sub

I have a 2013 Toyota Tocoma reg cab. And my shallow 12" kicker has blown out. Time to replace. What kind of setup do you guys with reg cabs do for a sub with the limited space? I had a since shallow box behind the passenger seat. Is there other options, before I buy another sub
lol yeah popwar gonna say go big.. do u just want louder or more sq? look at sundown sd good shallow sub.. but depends on how much power/amp u have and how much u wanta spend? if u wanta stay on low end side skar vd subs are pretty popular for thin box and they like $79.. if u can make a box u can make one width of truck ported will be lots louder.. if u play rock sealed may just be better/easier..

Sell it get one that has an ext cab.

There's a reason why I bought an ext cab p/u......room for audioz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If I can stay around 1k that would be great! Currently I have a channel amp running my sub and mids. I figure I'll need a mono and get a better sub. But I was asking what other guys are getting who have limited space like myself!

Have you considered removing center console or jumpseat for a box?

Dont know if it comes with a seat in the middle or console.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

It depends on your amp... If your amp puts out 1000 watts or more, a pair of JL 13TW5's are pretty kick butt. I had a pair sealed behind my seat in an F250 reg cab. No moving the seat forward BS, and they pounded pretty hard. Make sure you get a grill though, subs behind the seat rub like crazy and will rub holes in the surround. One note on the 13TW5s: If you have the box made, make sure they follow the space requirements. Uninformed box makers tend to make the sealed boxes for these too large, and the drivers can sound fairly muddy as a result.

Also, make sure that you put several layers of sound dampening material behind the box and if you can on the entire plane of the back wall. I did bolts though the back wall (As opposed to screws.) And I had to remove the rear sliding glass by ordering a back glass without the slider. (Slider rattled like crazy!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks. I'll be looking into an amp specifically to power the sub. That's what happened to my last sub, the seat back of seat rubbed holes all though it. Right now I got an avionixxx cxa 640 4 channel powering my 2 Oncore C65 and my kicker comp. Was going to leave the amp for the fronts and get another one for the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.