amp for subwoofer only?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rutledj
10+ year member

I have a poineer avh-s5800 head installed in my truck. I'm plenty happy with the power output to the replacement speakers I've installed.

I'd like to add a subwoofer behind the seat. Have a 10" slim model that fits nicely. I also have an old alpine amp with front\rear\sub inputs and outputs. Would it hurt the amp for me to just connect inputs to the sub in and the sub out to the subwoofer?

There are gain controls for the front, rear, and sub on the amp. I can turn the gain down for the front and rear but wasn't sure if the amp still needed a load on those outputs.

Thanks,

Rut

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.