Analog signal processor?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
I guess a simple google search would solve this but... was wondering if analog signal processors, if im even using that term right, exist. Just something simple i suppose that will allow me to adjust the volume of certain Freq. i like the idea of the knobs and physical volume bars. I dont have to look at it and can adjust while driving without being fully distracted. Although usually ill just adjust with presets. Idk maybe just something to get started with i guess, just an idea

Audiocontrol has them. But they are very basic and will never be as capable as a DSP.
Yep, as an electrical engineer I know why too! Digitizing signals las allowed us EE's and Computer Scientists (I have a EE and a CS Bachelor's degrees) has made it very simple to construct all sorts of great signal processing machines. Machines that do signal processing easily from what used to be only mathematical (on paper) theorizing! It's much harder to design and build ANALOG signal processor machines/circuits.

John Kuthe...

Audiocontrol has them. But they are very basic and will never be as capable as a DSP.
Wow, they are basic. I imagine someones gotta make a giant block of controls, perhaps with bars that move up and down. Alot of the audio control stuff i looked through still has those resessed knobs you need a screwdriver for. Hmm it seems we are well past the time of these ASPs

On eBay there's one made by Carver called the board a 15 band for a little under $100 another for $300 ..neither one of those are mine but I do have 2 of them and they are very nice and easy to use since they use sliders ..also extremely clean sound ..these are old school and quality ...the $100 one is a really good price ..it can be mounted in the glove box or if you prefer the trunk you can use rca extensions to set it then mount it afterwards ..I currently have about 100 Wes and processors in my collection from old school to newer models

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.