out of the game for a while, need guidance

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
I'm not in a hurry to do a setup just yet, but I'm not familiar with brands and such, what's good and what isn't.

Now, I keep playing with winisd and I've learned that watt for watt, two subs sealed in a given box volume is, to me, inferior in output to a single sub in a ported or bandpass enclosure. I like to compare to 2 subs sealed because that's what I used to have. It gives me an understanding of what to expect.

But I don't know (never did) too much about brands and such. It's been like two years and I don't know what's going on.

Point me to one 15" that can get retarded under 60-70hz, in around a 4 cubic foot ported box tuned to 31-34hz, taking up to 1,500wrms........and around $200-$300.

How about something in a 4th order bandpass? Something in a 4-5cube box giving me +3db at 35hz and +3db at 55hz with a decent peak in the middle.

sundown x, (or 2 sa), fu 1250 (or 2 750's), dc level 3 or 4, heard a 4 today with 4k rms 145db with his weak port (hits 150 with spl port)

Xfl 15 or Soundqubed 315. Xfl slams the lows, the squbed stays a little higher. I have the xfl's tuned low and they will play any notes i throw at them. I have 2 XFL 15's on a taramps 3k and they could probably take more power still.

Xfl 15 or Soundqubed 315. Xfl slams the lows, the squbed stays a little higher. I have the xfl's tuned low and they will play any notes i throw at them. I have 2 XFL 15's on a taramps 3k and they could probably take more power still.
my bad i left out american bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.