What HO Alt, what Battery/batteries?

2003 Chevy Blazer 4.3L

Sundown Zv5 18

Sundown SCV2000D at 1 ohm

Big 4 upgrade.

Also plan on adding a small amp and door speakers at some point so would like a little extra power to work with so i wont have to worry about it. I play it loud daily and dont want to have to deal with voltage drops.

Heres my options for alts.

ALTERNATORS - CHEVROLET - S-10 / Blazer - 4.3 - Down4Sound Shop

For a second battery i was really leaning towards an XSPower in the back, what would you recomend out of these?

(ELECTRICAL - BATTERIES - XP SERIES - Down4Sound Shop)

Ive also heard from a friend that running my stock battery wired to an agm is a bad idea...is this true? If so would i be better off picking up 2 smaller agm batteries? One for under the hood and one in the back? As always the help is really appreciated.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

2003 Chevy Blazer 4.3L Sundown Zv5 18

Sundown SCV2000D at 1 ohm

Big 4 upgrade.

Also plan on adding a small amp and door speakers at some point so would like a little extra power to work with so i wont have to worry about it. I play it loud daily and dont want to have to deal with voltage drops.

Heres my options for alts.

ALTERNATORS - CHEVROLET - S-10 / Blazer - 4.3 - Down4Sound Shop

For a second battery i was really leaning towards an XSPower in the back, what would you recomend out of these?

(ELECTRICAL - BATTERIES - XP SERIES - Down4Sound Shop)

Ive also heard from a friend that running my stock battery wired to an agm is a bad idea...is this true? If so would i be better off picking up 2 smaller agm batteries? One for under the hood and one in the back? As always the help is really appreciated.

i wouldnt use down4sound for anything. the dude that runs it was begging for money on youtube a couple years back, hes a scrub.

as for the alternator i would use Affordable High Output Alternators

for the agm crutchfield has been having some good sales on the xs power d series, for my car a 06 envoy it needs a d3400XS Power D3400 Deep cycle 12-volt battery at Crutchfield.com"]XS Power D3400 Deep cycle 12-volt battery at Crutchfield.com[/url]and it was 250 with free shipping. plus its alot easier to get return with a big name company instead of a hack who used to pan handled for money on youtube lol

i wouldnt use down4sound for anything. the dude that runs it was begging for money on youtube a couple years back, hes a scrub.
as for the alternator i would use Affordable High Output Alternators

for the agm crutchfield has been having some good sales on the xs power d series, for my car a 06 envoy it needs a d3400 and it was 250 with free shipping. plus its alot easier to get return with a big name company instead of a hack who used to pan handled for money on youtube lol
Haha well the first two people replying are telling me to swerve D4S so ill probably look elsewhere for my electrical. Any recomendations on alt size/ battery size?

Autozone and Sears both offer affordable, good quality AGM batteries. Don't mix the batteries, get the biggest AGM that will fit under your hood.

I think he orders them..i could be totally wrong though. Thats just usually where i get all my car audio stuff
Yea he's buys them from mechman and then sells them to you for double the money.. call up tom at Ohio gen or hit up Nate at excessive amperage on his website quote or phone call. Get direct prices.. save a few hundred dollars

Yea he's buys them from mechman and then sells them to you for double the money.. call up tom at Ohio gen or hit up Nate at excessive amperage on his website quote or phone call. Get direct prices.. save a few hundred dollars
Yea i def wont be using D4S for my alt/batteries. Ill look into these two recomendations and see if they can help me out. At this point money saving isnt my priority i just want high quality and durability from the products, but saving a few bucks wont hurt my feelings haha

D4s alts look very familiar. Like the are dc power and mechman alts. He just changed the pullies and bumped up the price. I've got 2 alts here now that will fit your truck and needs. I'm a singer alt rep and a dc power and excessive dealer. I can help you out. And I'm also a XS power and odyssey dealer if if choose to go either of those ways with your battery needs

id go with Js ulitmate alts. i own one since the summer, price was good along with the quality.

sams club has duracell bats (east penn agms) for cheap!! 170ish for group 31. i have one of those also along with one under the hood..

thats the american dream... buy low sell high!! lol

why no love for iraggi? hes like jacob, great customer service, offer lifetime guarantee, custom paint jobs and best of all his alts are the best. i will use mechmen for an example, they have this cool looking 370 amp alt but at idle its only like 200amp. i mean i have a 150 amp stock alt why pay 600 dollars plus for an alt that does only 50 amps above my stock at idle? iraggi alt have the highest amps at idle around, unless you want to be reaving ur $**** to 6k rpm to get 370 amps lol. a couple other things Iraggi does is he will recoil ur orginal alt to get more amps out of it, then paint it and it will look custom, and thats for around 200-300 bucks. to me thats the best deal in town.

I'd say Excessive Amperage for a HO alt. And Nate usually comes under pricing vs. everyone else.

Batteries: Diehard, Interstate, etc.

Yeah...Irragi went under long time ago I think.

mylows10, did your color change on your screen name?

Yes i know Dom had some issues a couple years back but he seems to have been busting his *** on fixing his mistakes and my buddy just 2 from him, he reworked his original one and got a 320 amp one shipped with piant to match and the brackets for like 700 bucks

hes **** good on what he does just got too big too fast and couldnt keep up. his are the only alts that will do 270amp at idle, that i know of at least

please correct me if im wrong.

Yeah...Irragi went under long time ago I think.
and he didnt go under tahoe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.