Amp gurus- orion hcca2100

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
Hey fellas, my brother in law came across a beautiful hcca 2100 digital reference. Problem is, someone left it boxed up in a shed for years. There are spots of rust damage on the rca jacks, and some hardware that secures the +/- inputs to the board.

Question is; can we just swap out the hardware and solder in new jacks? Pics attached

25ph8ar.png

2v31ybp.png

27yrg3k.png

I worked on the rcas last night. It appears the rust isnt simply on the surface, its eaten into the jacks.

Maxed out my very first credit card in 1991 buying 225 and 250hcca. Always wished I had got one of those 2100s. Nice piece, well worth the cost of sending out for a tuneup. A shop that repairs amps likely has something to replace those RCA terminals. As you say, just snip and replace those ring terminals and polish up those studs on the power and ground should do fine.

Got new rca jacks and will be replacing out the rusted ones. Will post pics as i get it taken care of

As for selling it, that is a possibility but not until everything is repaired, and confirmed in working order. Dont wanna sell something "as is" when I cant yet confirm whats fully wrong with it

Finally got around to this. I cleaned up all rust as good as possible. Some spots still show rust... nonetheless

I powered it up and hooked it up to a sony 6.5" sub. Amp is fully functional. I played it for about 15 mins. However, the amp has a constant buzz. Internal fan that loud?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.