Amp for Sundown SA's

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Looking for a amp to run 2 12 Sundown SA's. Have some choices below and have a reason behind it so let me know your opinion and also if theres other better trust amps out there that will do clean power.

1. Sundown SCV2000D-The most powerful amp out of the three. Once my box rise and electrical kick in I'm guessing the subs will see around 1500RMS.

2. Rockford Fosgate T1500BDCP- I think this might be the best choice because it does 1500RMS at 1 and 2 ohms and once box rise and electrical kick in it will hover in between there and will still see the juice.

3. JL Audio HD 1200/1 - Also a good choice. Have the subs wired to 2ohms since this amp isnt 1ohm stable. The good thing about this amp is that it does 1200RMS between 1.5-4ohms and will also put the rated power between 12.5 and 14.4volts

Anything over 1k of clean power sounds amazing on 2 SA-12's I have 2 SA-D4's on 1.4k and its retarded loud at 14.2V

05 2500 4WD swb AFE intake Edge Attitude 4"ex down 1/2 cylinder White on Black

I'd get #1

That RF I don't get it. Same wattage at 1 or 2 ohms? Trying to copy JL audio. I don't really care for that no matter what impedance you have it's still the same wattage BS. A lot of amps put out more power driven to their lowest ohm load.

I'd rather have the JL or rockford over the sundown 2k any day if I were running only 1 ohm. I like sundown amps and all but the other two are monsters on their own and I guarantee wired at 1 ohm, they will be louder than the scv2k.

I'd only get the 2k if you plan on half ohming it. Then things start to get crazy with the scv2k and thats when it kicks the other two's @sses

You wont get 1500 out of the scv2k after rise wired to 1 ohm, try around 650-900. 1500-1800 if you wire to half ohm. EVERYONE overestimates how much power they are actually getting and they have no clue until its shoved into their face at the comps.

That being said, for the price of the JL or rockford, you can easily get a 3.5k Korean amp or a 7k Brazilian amp.

I'd rather have the JL or rockford over the sundown 2k any day if I were running only 1 ohm. I like sundown amps and all but the other two are monsters on their own and I guarantee wired at 1 ohm, they will be louder than the scv2k.
I'd only get the 2k if you plan on half ohming it. Then things start to get crazy with the scv2k and thats when it kicks the other two's @sses

You wont get 1500 out of the scv2k after rise wired to 1 ohm, try around 650-900. 1500-1800 if you wire to half ohm. EVERYONE overestimates how much power they are actually getting and they have no clue until its shoved into their face at the comps.

That being said, for the price of the JL or rockford, you can easily get a 3.5k Korean amp or a 7k Brazilian amp.
Out of the Rockford and JL which would you say is better? And what Korean or Brazilian amp youd recommend.

Im also gonna put D2400 under the hood with a XP3000 in the rear and have my stock 150amp alt whoned and do the big 3.

Out of the Rockford and JL which would you say is better? And what Korean or Brazilian amp youd recommend.
Im also gonna put D2400 under the hood with a XP3000 in the rear and have my stock 150amp alt whoned and do the big 3.
thats not enough electricals to run 7k braziliian or a 3.5k korean amp. Just stick with the JL or rockford, get whichever's cheaper.

I'd get #1
That RF I don't get it. Same wattage at 1 or 2 ohms? Trying to copy JL audio. I don't really care for that no matter what impedance you have it's still the same wattage BS. A lot of amps put out more power driven to their lowest ohm load.
I'm guessing you've never experienced a head to head comparison between the average koreans vs regulated power supply amps. Difference in output overall sound is dramatic at 1 ohms. my buddy's 2500 bdcp beats out a majority of the korean 3.5k to 5ks rated easily if you only wire to 1 ohm. Beats out as in, its louder than the 3.5k and just as loud but sounds overall better than the 5k.

In another case, JL slash 1000.1 amps got louder than my other buddy's soundqubed 2200 at 1 ohm.

You can not prefer them all you want but in performance they absolutely demolish our underground bass brand's amps in sheer performance in their power class. However for the price, you can get a much bigger amp instead but that also requires major electrical upgrades so you gotta factor that as well to the cost.

Koreans are monsters only when you are living the half ohm or lower life.

Im leaning towards the jl 1200/1 on the SAs since the technology is good on them and dont worry about voltage or box rise with this ramp. 600Rms should be good for the SA's or I could save and get 2 HD 750/1

All three of the originally asked about amplifiers are strong choices. The Sundown gives you a little room if you want to move up in subs down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Icecube91
Vancouver, BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from