Input on which sub to get, sundown x or emf ermagerd

ylpkm

I was thinking of picking up either an sundown x15 or zv4 18 or emf ermagerd 18.

I was wanting input on the ermagerd on low power.

Right now I would only power it with 2000-2500 watts. The amp could do more (around 4000 watts), its just my electrical setup wouldn't be able to support it more than 2500 watts.

I have about 7 cubes + external port to work with. Shape would be custom so I'm not going to post dimensions. But I could build the enclosure to any size up to about 7.4 cubes and about 121 inches of port area (external) tuning it to about 31hz.

This would be going in a hatchback, and music preference is everything but country, some C&S.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 18 will be fine on that power. Just cause its rated higher doesn't mean you have to have it. The x15 would be a terrible choice for 7cu and that power as you will reach mechanical limits easily on that kind of power. I would do the 18. Now if you can build a enclosure around 4-5cu the x will be more then happy on that power.

x15 for sure.

That ermagard can handle "6500 watts supposilly".....but that would be a waste of power and sub for ya. Have heard people sending 1000's of watts to those and they blew under their rated rms.

That would be perfect power for a single x15.....nice solid clean power and watch the gain.

Still deciding, hoping to get a few more suggestions. But the x and zv4 has 3 inch coils and the the emf has a 4 inch. I mean that would allow me to burp the emf for short periods close to 4kw more within power handling limits than sundown. (on the other hand,, with box rise I would probably be able to push the sundown well cranking it)

How much would you say is OK to push clean Power to a sundown X?

The 18 will be fine on that power. Just cause its rated higher doesn't mean you have to have it. The x15 would be a terrible choice for 7cu and that power as you will reach mechanical limits easily on that kind of power. I would do the 18. Now if you can build a enclosure around 4-5cu the x will be more then happy on that power.

Have you used either subwoofer? The x 15 would love 7cubes on 2500watts

You have no clue....that lots of people put 3x the power on the x series and z series subs.

You have no clue....that lots of people put 3x the power on the x series and z series subs.
Yup op is thanking dude up there that don't have a friggen clue. If you want lows an X 15 in 5-7cubes will hammer... Put the same woofer in 3.5-4cubes and u won't have the lows you did. And in case you don't believe me here is my buddy's car with each 15 getting 7.5cubes each woofer .

He must be doing something wrong he's only at 158db with 1 alternator and 4 15s.... Other Guys are doing 58s with 4 alts and 12 15s etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.