Rockville Audio

I am using a set of their 6x8 comps, on a alpine power pack amp, sounds decent for what I paid. Would I recommend them, I don't know, but at least something to look at.

I am using a set of their 6x8 comps, on a alpine power pack amp, sounds decent for what I paid. Would I recommend them, I don't know, but at least something to look at.
What i thought too but for the price they didn't do bad on the dyno.I'm not in the market but i know LOTS like the cheaper the better approach.lol

What exactly IS rockville?

It looks like Audiosavings' store brand. Like Sound Ordinance at Crutchfield or Insignia at Best Buy.

I wonder who makes them though.

Audiosavings looks to be one of the bigger retailers of American Hifi (American pro, Audiofonics, Nitro, Perf Tek, Volf) so that would be my first guess.

i bought the there big 4 channel and there 1000 watt mono block and i have to say for what i paid im very impressed i paid 90 for the 4 channel and it has active crossovers the 1000 watt mono block i cant "hear"the difference between that and my aq 1200 i wanted the 1500 watt model but they are sold out so somebody is buying these things now i dont know how long they will last but for what i paid im not complaing these are not a audio saving brand they just sell through them the company itself has been around for awhile they just got into car audio

CEA-2006 ratings tests are done at 4 ohms.
not with them becaues the way they rate things are stupid my amp is rated for 2000 rms but as you can see mine does 1000 if you look at the youtube video the ces rateing for that amp was 1500 and thats what it did but on there paper work its 3000 rms but thats really just the peak rating basically there ces rating is the true rms it took me a while to figure that out why they rate it like that idk

not with them becaues the way they rate things are stupid my amp is rated for 2000 rms but as you can see mine does 1000 if you look at the youtube video the ces rateing for that amp was 1500 and thats what it did but on there paper work its 3000 rms but thats really just the peak rating basically there ces rating is the true rms it took me a while to figure that out why they rate it like that idk
I don't have an intimate understanding of CEA-2006 as it's not needed for my job, although I am certain the testing is done with 4 ohm speakers. Where is Rockville's 4 ohm test report?

They are not doing a CEA rating if they are not doing it at 4ohm. Cheap brand is cheap
This is what I hate about car audio you're judging a product by the price obviously you never used it let's ignore the Amp dyno lets ignore everything it's cheap it's ***** I'm one of those people that's willing to try anything once and like I said for the cash is not bad at all this cheap little thousand watt amp sounds almost identical to my AQ that cost twice as much

I don't have an intimate understanding of CEA-2006 as it's not needed for my job, although I am certain the testing is done with 4 ohm speakers. Where is Rockville's 4 ohm test report?
Nope you're absolutely right that's how the CEA rating works but these people are just backwards that's all basically - my amp is 2000 watts peak 1000 watts at 1 ohm but the way they rated is -2000 watts RMS and 1000 watts cea certified which makes absolutely no sense

This is what I hate about car audio you're judging a product by the price obviously you never used it let's ignore the Amp dyno lets ignore everything it's cheap it's ***** I'm one of those people that's willing to try anything once and like I said for the cash is not bad at all this cheap little thousand watt amp sounds almost identical to my AQ that cost twice as much
Let me know how they hold up bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.