Subwoofer Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list
I purchased 2 of TS-W3003D4 subwoofers and I was wondering if my wiring now is sufficient enough, or if I need bigger wire. I have, from the amplifier to the enclosure, 1 run of 8 gauge wire, to each side of the enclosure. The inside of the enclosure is what I'm concerned with. I have 14 gauge wire going 2 feet to one of the subs, and then jumping the positive and negative to the other voice coil. [] (My subs have 2 voice coils each.) The max wire gauge I managed to put inside one of the terminals was 8 gauge.

**If any of that was confusing, I have linked a picture to what I'm trying, and possibly failing to explain.

http://i.imgur.com/zBLCfyY.png

you ran 8 ga from your amp to terminals? kinda big id think but im no pro, whatre you pushing to them? i used 12 Ga for inside the box and from the amp to terminals on the box, but ive seen kids use 8 GA for 500 watt systems so i dont see what youd hurt

you ran 8 ga from your amp to terminals? kinda big id think but im no pro, whatre you pushing to them? i used 12 Ga for inside the box and from the amp to terminals on the box, but ive seen kids use 8 GA for 500 watt systems so i dont see what youd hurt
That's still 175 amps going into the subs... which is about 2,000 watts each side/woofer....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.